26. Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw: The Victory Match and its Sweet Ending

(Y/N)'s POV

"Wood, Davies, shake hands."

(Y/N) stood facing the Ravenclaw team on the Quidditch pitch. The weather was far better than their failed match against Hufflepuff; instead of a thunderstorm it was a clear, cool day.

Woods and Davies clasped hands, both of them holding a solemn look on their faces before they stepped back.

"Mount your brooms . . . on my whistle . . . three — two — one —"

(Y/N) kicked off the ground and immediately soared towards the Quaffle. He raced against Roger Davies, a Ravenclaw Chaser, but nevertheless he reached it first and shoulder barged into him.

Harry's Firebolt had already become the topic of Lee Jordan's commentary. Which (Y/N) listened to with great interest.

"They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt which Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship —"

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted McGonagall's voice.

"Right you are, Professor — just giving a bit of background information. The Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and —"

"Jordan!"

"Alright, alright, Gryffindor in possession, (Y/N) (L/N) is heading for the Ravenclaw goal posts . . ."

With a great burst of speed, (Y/N) flew past someone who he knew had to be Harry (because of how much more quickly he was moving than others) before he ducked under an incoming Bludger before reeling his arm back and shooting for the goal.

Despite Grant Page, the Ravenclaw Keeper's, best efforts, the Quaffle grazed his fingertips and zoomed right in.

Despite (Y/N) having just scored, there was a great "Ooooooh" of disappointment from the Gryffindor supporters, but a great rumble of applause from the Ravenclaw stands.

Looking back (Y/N) saw Harry had pulled back on his broom and was looking feverently for the Snitch, so (Y/N) had to assume Harry had just missed it because of someone on the Ravenclaw team.

After a few moments, the Quaffle soared past (Y/N)'s head, leading him to fly after it in a constant neck and neck competition against Ravenclaw.

"(Y/N) (L/N) leads towards the Ravenclaw posts with Angelina Johnson not far behind. Davies is flying towards — (Y/N) ducks — oh he passes to Angelina . . . another goal for the Gryffindor team . . ."

"Katie Bell has the Quaffle — ooh Randolph Burrow slams right by her to gain possession of the Quaff — wait! (Y/N) retakes back possession for Gryffindor — Grant Page seems tense — (Y/N) takes the shot and . . . he scores! Another ten points to Gryffindor . . ."

"Angelina Johnson in possession — now Roger Davies — uhm now I think it's still Roger —can't really tell with the flying wrestling match those two are having — oh! Roger Davies really does have possession and he takes the shot . . . he scores . . . that's Ravenclaw's first goal of the match . . ."

"(Y/N) (L/N) . . . Katie Bell . . . Angelina Johnson . . . Randolph Burrows . . . Roger Davies . . . Jeremy Stretton . . ."

...

The match had continued on for a while, a constant back and forth was had between both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw; a mixture of cheers and boos were shouted out by the crowd every few minutes.