The Royal Fortune

The blonde hedgehog named Maria turned her sight towards the cyan creäture that spoke her name. This person didn't seem like one of the local villagers, nor did she hold the appearance of a foreign traveler. SNT took a step forward, looking into Maria's sapphire eyes with a sense of hope in her heart.

"Maria, is that really you?" she asked. Maria took a step back, she didn't know how to respond or feel about such a question. The hedgehog gazed into the creäture's eyes, those emerald irises that looked at her with such familiarity, such hopeless faith.

SPECIAL

Maria's eyes widened when she noticed SNT's body emit a bright pink glitter-like aura. This aura shined like a midnight star, spreading warmth as it grew in luminosity. Maria shielded her eyes as she felt the warm aura embrace her body.

SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL

"What's going on?" Maria gasped. The whole world seemed to change around the hedgehog, melting and morphing into a foreign place. An ugly sight greeted her when she opened her eyes.

A world on the brink of ruin; buildings destroyed with the road littered with burning debris. The sky was burnt orange and the only sound was the swaying wind. A loud tremor caught Maria's ears, a shadow looming over her. She looked up and saw a giant egg-shaped robot, scanning the ruined city with its massive red optics. It looked down and noticed Maria, frozen in fear. She could hear the sound of it charging up, its optics glowed brighter every second.

Maria wanted to move, she wanted to run but her body wouldn't budge. All the hedgehog could do was brace herself as the giant robot fired.

Everything fell silent once more. Maria opened her eyes yet again, this time finding herself in a celebration. So many people were chatting and laughing, talking about how they won a war. Confused, Maria took a step back, none of this made any sense. One event after another, it began to overwhelm her.

"Maria?" A familiar voice perked the hedgehog's ears up. Suddenly everything fell silent once again. Maria turned around and saw SNT's smiling face.

Chapter 2:

The Royal Fortune

All of these memories forced themselves back into Maria's mind. She held the counter because the sheer intensity of all these memories caused her to stagger back a bit. It felt like she was on a boat being rocked by a sudden tidal wave.

"You..." she began to recollect as if it all were a mere flashback. "You're SNT," she recalled. A smile came across the creäture's muzzle, she ran towards the hedgehog and hugged her across the counter.

"It really is you, Maria," SNT cheered. She was glad to finally see a friendly face, someone she shared a history with.

"Woah haha," Maria chuckled, taken aback by such an enthusiastic reaction. Regardless, the hedgehog couldn't help but hug her acquaintance back. It was always nice to see a friendly face every once in a while.

"Long time no see, SNT. It's good to see you again," she said. Marine eyed the two in confusion, surprised by how they treated each other with such familiarity.

"Hang on, you lot know each other?" she asked. SNT broke from the hug and turned towards the young raccoon and nodded.

"Yeah, it's kind of a long story," she claimed. Marine placed her hands on her hips, curiosity took hold of her. SNT however, looked back towards Maria.