Chapter Two

I'm quite excited about this chapter as it includes the piece of dialogue that originally started this fic. So let's get back to where we left our two idiots in chapter one, shall we:)

Thank yall for reading, hope you enjoy it!

~oOo~oOo~oOo~

And that was how they found themselves here now, Dean with a wall in his back, his knuckles slightly swollen, the cold night air clearing his head off the alcohol in his blood and an angel yelling at him.

"Says the person who punched an innocent man."

"Innocent?" Dean' eyebrows snapped up in disbelief. "Innocent?? Oh, Cas. Buddy...believe me, that guy's intentions were far from innocent."

The bastard actually rolled his eyes.

"If you're referring to his intentions towards me let me assure you that he was perfectly-"

He was being perfectly friendly. True gentleman. Yeah, I get it.

"He wasn't just being nice, Cas", Dean said, unable to help the indulgent smile on his face. "That guy was flirting with you. Trying to pick you up, y'know? Have his wicked way with you? He was just trying to lay one on you when I-"

"So that is why you interfered?", Cas broke him off, apparently no less angry than before. "Because he wanted to kiss me?"

"Y-Yeah." Dean faltered for a second, taken aback by the accusation in Cas voice. "I mean...obviously."

"And you think I wasn't aware of what he was doing?"

Cas looked at him expectantly, eyebrows risen in disbelief. Dean felt like someone had just dropped a heavy stone in his guts.

"Wait, you...you knew?"

"Of course I knew, Dean!" Cas lifted his hands in a gesture of frustration. "How stupid do you think I am? I was perfectly aware of his intentions, why else would I have encouraged him?"

But he...he knew? And he wanted-?

Dean felt sick.

"Hold on a sec. You encouraged that guy??"

The look on Cas' face said it all.

Oh God no, he wasn't going to throw up. He'd thought....but why would Cas... Dean swallowed hard.

"Why?" He hated how small his voice suddenly sounded. How shaky.

And the way Cas looked at him...when had he become the pathetic asshole here, the one that was looked at with pity for being an oblivious idiot.

Cas sighed, and he sounded sad, tired.

"What do you think, Dean."

"You..." Dean pressed his lips together, willed his voice to stop shaking. "You mean you...you wanted him to...to-?"

"Yes."

Yes.

Dean felt like someone had just carved a large piece out of his chest.

"But." He didn't even know what he wanted to say. What could he possibly say to that? "You don't...you can't just..." You can't just tell me you want someone else, you can't just tell me you found someone better than me, not when I brought you here, not when we're only here because I knew I wasn't good enough for you.

Cas' features hardened in front of Dean's eyes, and he couldn't blame him, he'd be fed up with himself too, pathetic hypocrite.

"I wasn't aware I needed your permission now for seeking out some human contact", Cas said far too coldly, an icy weight that settled somewhere in Dean's chest, pulling him down.