Chapter 20: "New York New York!"-2 weeks later...

I had just finished getting ready to go to the big apple with my man while he was still asleep. I finished zipping up my white summer dress that I got as a graduation gift for myself and put on my white flats. After I brushed my hair, I decided it was time to wake Elvis up or we'd be late for our flight. I threw my brush at his back to wake him up. That didn't work, I thought to myself. I just let him sleep while I finished getting ready for NYC. "E! Colonel wants to talk to you." Red said knocking on the door. "Alright, I'm coming." Elvis said walking to the door and leaving me alone in the bathroom by myself. And he didn't even say good morning, I said in my head. After I finished packing the last bit of my clothes, Elvis came back in and sat on the bed. "So what did the Colonel want?"I asked holding his hand. "He wants me to go down to LA for a few months to film my new movie "Kid Galahad." Elvis while looking at the floor. "So are you going?"
I asked looking at his face with disappointment. "What do you think I'm gonna do?" Elvis asked me while getting up and brushing his teeth. "Well, excuse me for thinking that you would go to New York with your future wife." I said as I sat down and took off my flats. "I'm sorry sweetheart. You know that this is apart of my career. I need the money to help us pay the bills." Elvis said after he finished his morning routine. "But you've told me don't like being in these stupid movies. You also said that you didn't like the Colonel bossing you around." I said as I unpacked my clothes. "I don't." He said getting his green suit jacket, white shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. "Then,why do you let him boss you around?" I asked as I put my clothes back in the closet. "Because when I always get great movie auditions,broadway musical auditions, or new records that I like and I wanna make some of the songs my own originals, I tell him how I feel but he just says it's all about the money. He just feels like we should be doing the same things we did when I came back home from the army." Elvis said as he walked in the bathroom to take a shower. As he was taking a shower, I stood in front of the door. "Well, can I at least come with you?" I asked smiling behind the door. "I don't think so. It might be best if you just stay home. You know take care of Graceland, hang out with Lucy, Patsy, Daddy, Dodger." Elvis said as he came out of the bathroom while buttoning up his jacket and dusting off his black dress pants. "So you want me to stay here and not come visit your you?" I said laying down on the bed. "Just until everything gets settled out in California." He said putting his black dress shoes on. "Just like how you always go back to RCA in California, record albums and never bring me with you to meet your band?" I asked him as I went back to the bathroom to take a quick shower. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked me as I heard him zipping up his suitcase. "Nothing. I just thought that you were cheating on me." I said as I got my pink robe wrapped around me and sat on the bathroom counter and brushed my hair. "Nik,we've been dating for 3 years, you know that I would never EVER cheat on you.Okay?" Elvis asked as he pulled me up and held me close. "Okay. I'm sorry, I just got upset with you for a minute." I said crying while I buried myself into his coat as I smelled his favorite cologne,Jovan. "I know you are. It's normal for couples to go through their first fight." He said kissing my forehead. "Your right, besides I can go to New York with Luce." I said as he headed out the door with his suitcase. "Yep. Those tickets are 1st class,so enjoy them."
Elvis said hugging me. "All right, and you better be a good boy in LA." I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "You know I will." He said as he gave me a long,sweet kiss. "E! It's time to go." Jerry said as he held open the door. "Alright, oh and I want you to have this." Elvis said as he handed me a ring. "Elvi, this is your lucky horseshoe ring. I can't take this." I said shaking my head. "I want you to." He said putting it on my finger. "Ok, thanks." I said giving him a hug. "Your welcome." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Alright, you better go before they leave you here and the Colonel throws a fit when your not there." I said looking down at the staircase. "Fine, I'm going." He said blushing. "I love you." Elvis yelled as he walked out the door. "I love you more." I said as I held my locket watching the bus pull out as I stood at the front door.