8 | Good Morning, Baby (Princeton)

Personal imagine for Taleen! Thanks for being one of my readers!

*

Your eyes peeled open as beaming sunlight pounded on your half-opened window, insiting itself on coming inside and drowning the room. From where you were positioned, you had noticed that there had seemed to be, by no means, a single cloud in sight. Instead, the early Californian air of a mid 80 degrees oscilated swiftly, making the freshly cut greens of your lawn sway in its direction.

You rose up, yawning loudly, and stretched your arms out in the process. Though it was nearly 8 AM, and your boss gave you extra shifts the other night, you were feeling well-rested. Perhaps it was the fact that you had slept peacefully throughout the night? Or maybe it was due to the vibrant feel of the morning? Whatever the case was, you mentally said a prayer of thanksgiving, as you were very appreciative for waking up to another day of good living.

"Damn, babe. You know how to wake up a lover, don't you?"

Frightened, you turned around, only finding a shirtless Princeton buried amongst a valley of crumpled white sheets. He had on one of the most grouchiest and tiresome faces you've ever seen, but his weary emotion didn't seem to bother you.

"Get up, lazy butt." You smirked, bringing your right leg out of the edge of the mattress. " It's already 8 AM."

You heard him groan loudly, only causing you to giggle. Although he acted like a child at certain times, he could really cut through. In other words, Prince knew how to be funny, romantic, and playful (well, maybe a little too playful) at the right time. However, the one characteristic that had struck you the most was that he was humble, despite how he's surrounded with so many fans and business opportunities on a daily basis. Prince never forgot the story of how he was just a "regular" Californian kid, going to a "regular" middle school, and being best friends with a "regular" (or so he calls you) girl.

Without even realizing, you brought yourself to a wide smile. Who would have thought that a friendship of 11 years would result in a marriage?

"Why are you smiling, Tay?" Prince, in turn, grinned. "Is waking me up amusing to you?"

You stuck my tongue out, finally getting your total being out of bed. "Yep."

Prince started to get up. "Oh, come here you little-"

Then he charged. You screamed playfully, loud enough for the neighbors to hear. You ran out of your master bedroom all the way downstairs, into the kitchen, to the living room; when finally, he caught you at the dining table.

Prince started pinning you down. You could feel the warmth of the granite you were being laid on against your bare back -- considering you were in your bedtime lingerie -- however, it didn't disturb your emotions what so ever. The only thing you were doing was wrestling with Prince, attempting to get him off of you, and having your hearing drown by the sounds of you and Prince's laughter.

"You know you're gonna have to pay for making me wake up this early, right babe?" Prince interjected.

You continued to buckle your way out of his grip, but it was hopeless, Prince was too built and strong.

"Oh really?" You questioned back. "And what do I have to do to make my blexican happy?"

He grinned. "This." And with that, he kissed your moistened lips.

You couldn't lie. Even when you have kissed each other on a daily basis, you could still feel the sparks you've received on your first date at Disneyland. Prince had the ability to make you feel like a 16 year old, which intrigued your 27 year old self. Within every shared kiss, you would always become vulnerable and fall in love again.

Prince made everything possible for you and your future; whether it was to feel loved or be loved, both of you shared it all. Every quality you have ever wanted in a man was all in him, and honestly, you couldn't ask for anything or anyone better -- if there was even such a thing.

As both of you pulled away, both of you got back on your feet. You knew Prince was thinking the same thing as you were a moment ago; you could easily tell by his eyes.

He started walking over to the stainless steel refrigerator, only to take out a carton of eggs, a jug of milk, and a pack of bacon. That boy can eat, you thought in your head, followed by a quiet laugh of my own.

He cracked an egg open onto an already heated frying pan. You heard the sizzles of the oil beginning to pop as the temperature began rising.

"Oh hunny, I forgot to tell you!" You directed my eyes towards your husband, whom had flipped his egg.

He looked back at me, smiling widely. "Yes, sweetie?"

I smirked. "Good morning, baby."