Chapter 1

Tris POV~

"Beep beep beep beep beep beep."

My alarm clock. Ugh, why? I turn it off and I scream through the wall to my brother, Caleb. 

"Caleb! Wake up! First day of Senior year!" I think I hear him groan.

Caleb and I are not twins, if that's what you're thinking. He failed second grade, when my parents told him to get his grades up. Ever since then, he's had perfect straight A's. Teachers love him. Try hard.

I mentally roll my eyes at the thought. I pull myself out of bed and walk slowly to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I brush out my elbow-length hair and spray in some dry shampoo, since I haven't washed it since the night before last. I run over to my walk-in closet and put on a purple cropped high-low shirt with sequins along the bottom, showing off my flat stomach. I throw on my black skinny jeans and purple galaxy vans. I accesorize with some silver hoop earrings, a silver infinity ring and a heart locket. I throw on some silver bangles, too.

I walk over to my vanity and put on some simple shimmery silver eyeshadow to match my jewelry. I add a little black in the crease and a few coats of black mascara. I use a subtle pink lip gloss all over my lips and, of course, take some selfies.

I edit the crap out of one and post it on instagram. (AN- follow me on instagram @celeste_is_divergent!)

I watch around 20 likes roll in for a few minutes while checking out my feed and liking my best friend, Christina's "first day of senior year selfie." I leave her a heart eyes emoji comment, as she does the same for me. It's kind of our thing. I glance over the time whilst instagramming when I see that it's 7:45. I call Christina and she answers almost instantaniously.

"Hey Trissy! "

"Chris! Check your time!"

"Shit- 7:45! We have to be at school by 8 to get our schedules!"

"I know! I'll pick you up in 5 minutes, we'll stop by Starbucks for a Mocha Frappe, and head to school, hella fast. "

"Gotcha girlie. I'll be waiting on the porch."

"Okay. On my way now girlie."

"See ya."

"Yep."

I quickly hang up the phone, grab my keys and purse and run downstairs. On my way past Caleb's room, I yell, "Gotta go, Caleb! Picking up Christina, bye!" He half-grunts, half-snorts, reassuring me that he heard me, and doesn't care. He only cares about his studies these days. Snooze fest!

I run by my parents in the kitchen and say goodbye, kissing each of their foreheads. I jump in my black convertable and start it. I drop my purse in between the drivers' and passengers' seat and head off towards Christina's. I don't need my GPS, I know the way there by heart after so many running-late, coffee-needing, school mornings. Christina has a car of her own, a nice one at that, but it's become almost routine for us to carpool with our coffee, singing whatever's on the radio that morning.

I pull up to Christina's house at 7:50. She's staring at her phone, the usual.

"Chrissy!" I laugh.

"Huh- oh! Yeah, coming!"

I love her, but she's a nutcase.

"I love her, but she thinks out loud too much." Christina laughs.

I blush and laugh. Not out of embarrassment, nothing I can do in front of her could embarrass me anymore. She knows me inside and out. Seen me at my worst times. I blush in excitement. Chrissy and I spend the day together all the time, but  this is our senior year! I can't wait to see what classes we have together!

But first- coffee. Christina and I sing as loud as we can to One Direction's "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?"

We go through Starbucks' drive through and order two large mocha frappes. I pull up and pay, then we take our drinks and go. It's 7:54, and now we're rushing.

"Tris, when we get there you have to be ready to park and go! We can't be late on our first day of senior year!"

"I know right! Worst first impression, ever! "

We pull up to Divergent High and jump out of my car with our purses and our coffee and get into the office at 7:58. There are a few people ahead of us, and then we get our locker information and our class schedules.