Chapter 5

Christina and I run off to 3rd period Chemistry. I am not looking forward to this class, I hope we don't have to dissect anything. But I do hope blue eyes- Four- is there.

          "You're doing it again." Christina remarks.

          "Hmm?" We stop walking and Christina looks at me.

          "You're daydreaming," She replies in her signature 'of course I knew that' tone. "And I think I know who you're daydreaming about!" She squeals- of course she squeals. "It's Four, isn't it?! You can't stop thinking about him! You're obsessed!"

          "I have no idea what you are talking about." I roll my eyes.

          I totally just lied through my teeth.

          "You TOTALLY just lied through your teeth!" Chrissy and I have known each other since 6th grade, when I moved to Chicago. She grew up here. Of course she knows what I'm thinking, no matter how uncanny it may be.

          "Okay, fine Chris. I'll give in. You're right. I TOTALLY just lied through my teeth!" I squeal in a Christina fashion. "But I am NOT obsessed! You're being a little quick, don't you think?" I say, for lack of better wording.

          "No way. You're falling for him. HEAD OVER HEELS!" She is too hype. "Trissy I am sooo excited about this!"

          "I can see that."

         "Tris, this is the first time you've had a crush since seventh grade!"

          "NOT TRUE!" I exclaim. Because it isn't! I think.

          "Really? Nick Gonzales, seventh grade. Who have you liked since then?"

          "Well there was... um you remember right? He was so insignificant we can hardly remember him. Hahaha...."

          "Tris... stop! You and I both know damn well that you haven't had a crush all through out high school." Christina has caught me in my not-so-thought-out lie.

          "Okay, fine, whatever. But better late than never, right? It's senior year. There's no more denying it. I, Tris Prior have a crush! And I am excited as hell about it."

          Christina giggles excitedly when someone behind us says something I was not expecting.

          "Who do you, Tris Prior, have a crush on? Hmm?" This is not happening. I turn and see Four.

          I'm blushing super hard but I have this huge grin on my face. I hardly ever get embarrassed. He was going to find out anyways.

          "Well, Four...."

          "Eaton!" Christina pipes in. She really got the scoop on this guy.

          "Thanks Chrissy. Well, Four Eaton, I may be developing a tiny little crush on this new bad boy." I am so ready to play this game with him.

          "Oh yeah? What's he like?" Now we're both smiling.

          "Well, since you've asked, I am happy to oblige. He wears a lot of black. He looks hot in it though." I'm smirking. I throw him one of his own signature winks. "He has these gorgeous blue eyes that just melt my heart. He's kinda tall, kinda strong, VERY cute." We're both giggling and he's scratching the back of his neck.

          "Yeah? I might know him." Damn he looks hot while he's smirking. I gotta see this kid more often.

          "Yes, you do. How about tonight? Pool party at my place. Oh yeah, you're kinda hot when you think out loud. Scratch that- VERY hot." This doesn't even phase me. I bite my lip, trying to hold back this smile. Trying and failing.

          "Tris. Tris!" Christina's laughing from behind me.

          "Hmm... yeah." I'm in a daze and I still cannot wipe the smile off of my face.

          "For God's sake the boy asked you a question!" I am confused for a moment until I come to a sudden realization. "Yes, Four. We will be there!"

          Me and Four are staring at each other smiling faintly until he snaps out of it. "Well I'll see you too tonight. Tris I'll text you my address. I, uh, trust you'll pass the message along?"

          "Hm? Oh yeah. For sure. Oh my God, Chrissy! It's 10:00! Third period starts at 9:50!"

          "Don't worry about it. I got a friend of mine, Alexa, to say here after your names. You're good. Oh yeah and uh, we have Chem together. See you there."

          We're laughing now and Four walks off towards Chemistry with the bathroom pass. I turn slowly to Christina and mouth "Oh My God" and we have these huge grins on our faces. We slip into Chemistry unnoticed and I spend the whole time day dreaming.

          The bell rings and Christina walks over to me. "Tris, you totally just spent 30 minutes making googly eyes at Four."

          "So what? Maybe I did? I like looking at gorgeous faces. God- could he be any more perfect?" Christina and I laugh.

            I walk to remedial math and Chris goes off to her math class. Sadly, Four is not in this class and neither is Christina, so I spend the whole time actually doing work. I get a syllabus and solve a ton of easy equations.

~~~TIME LAPSE TO LUNCH, PERIOD 6~~~

          Christina, Four, Uriah and I walk to lunch after our study hall together. Zeke catches up with us because he has U.S. History fifth period.

          We mostly all talk about the pool party tonight and eat our lunches- chicken parm. We decide to meet at Four's house at 6:00.