Chapter 4

Tris POV

I finish my laps first, and as blue-eyes runs up behind me laughing, he says simply, "Wow, short-shorts, you really have some legs on you. Oh, and you run pretty fast, too." He winks.

I'm giggling as Christina runs up to me. Blue eyes ran over to Uriah and Zeke, brothers whom I've known my entire life. I love them to death and I haven't even spoken to them yet today. We hung out over the summer but it's been about two weeks. I'm about to go say hi when Christina grabs my hand.

"Hey! Not so fast, missy. His name's Four." Christina winks and smiles. I smile back and shake my head. She always knows how to get the scoop on anybody and she's taken blue-eyes upon herself, and now given a name to a face. A pretty, pretty face.

I run over to them and jump on Zeke's back. He starts spazzing as Uriah yells "Trissy!"

"Hey guys! I missed you! Been a whole two weeks." We all laugh.

"We missed you too, Sis. Tris, this is Four." Uriah introduces him.

"Ah, Tris. You have a name now besides legs and short-shorts. Tris. I like it." Four smirks.

"Hey, bro. Love ya and all but this is MY little sister you're dealing with. Better watch your step." Zeke says jokingly to Four.

"Hey, man. Didn't mean to over-step my boundaries. Say, Ezekiel, my good friend, what are my boundaries?"

Now he's mocking him. It's hilarious.

"Well..." Zeke starts.

"Do I get any say in this?" I ask, laughing.

"I'm afraid you do not. Brothers first." Uriah says in a British accent.

"Whoa, Uri, hot accent you got there. You should probably go find yourself a lady. Somewhere..... besides here." I say back cracking up.

"I probably should. But you should probably come with me." He throws me over his shoulder and I pound on his back. We're both laughing hysterically.

When Uriah finally puts me down, we all talk for a few minutes. Then Zeke and Uriah are called down to the office, so me and Four talk.

"So, Tris. Is it short?" Four says.

"What? I swear, blue-eyes, if this is another remark about my shorts, they're just gym clothes, dude, seriously I-"

"No, no," he starts, chuckling. "Your name. Tris. Is it short for anything?"

"Uhh... actually, yes. Beatrice." I don't usually tell people my full name. I wonder what gives me a certain sense of trust in him.

"Nice. You don't have to call me blue eyes anymore. You got my name, feel free to use it. As often as you like. Gym is almost over, so how about you give me your number. That way I can use that. As often as I like." He adds and winks at me. Damn those winks.

I laugh, obviously swooned and won over. I don't know what he's doing here, but he's doing it right.

"Damn right I am. But you don't think silently very well, I'm picking up on that. How about that number? How are you going to practice using my name instead of blue eyes if I don't have it to call you later?" He smirks at me. Damn those smirks.

I laugh again. "Um, yeah. Okay uh" I say, searching my purse frantically for something to write on. I find a post it and a pen. "Here... you... go. There. Call me later, I mean, or tomorrow, whenever's good for you. There's no rush. Just, whenever, I mean it's..."

"I'll call you. Soon." He's smiling, now. "You look good, Tris." He whispers in my ear before he runs off to meet with Uriah and Zeke, his lips brushing the side of my cheek, just forward of my ear.

I meet up with Christina as we go to change. She immediately bombards me with questions about Four. We laugh and hurry out to the hall.