Imagine Six

"You're heartless Shehnaaz"

Siddharth groaned into his pillow, clutching his comforter closer to himself. His head was throbbing continuously, bursts of pain overwhelming his senses. He tried opening his eyes, but they felt too heavy for him to move. 

It was officially the worst morning he'd had in months. 

He inhaled through his mouth, only to end up in a coughing fit. His throat felt too dry and scratchy for him to be able to speak anything coherent. He forced his eyes open, biting back another coughing fit. "She-naaz.."

"Shh.. shh.. shh.." He heard a soft, distant sound, fingers found their way into his hair,  pressing gently at his scalp, easing the throbbing pain in his head. 

"Mmm-nnhh" He sighed, closing his eyes again, as he leaned into the familiar, soothing touch. 

"Headache?" The voice asked worriedly. 

He made a sound, hoping to convey an affirmation to her question. "--Too hot.."

"Fever hai baby. Thodi si thandi patti kar deti hoon, relief ho jaayega. Ruk.." Siddharth felt her hand retracting from his hair. 

She was leaving..

"Don't go.." Siddharth whined softly, shifting closer to her, getting a hold of her hand. "Shehnaaz please.. mat.. jaa." 

"Baby.. do minute ruk ja. Idhar hi hoon, table pe bowl rakha hai, bas woh le rahi hoon. Kaheen nahi jaa rahi." Shehnaaz responded softly, watching him snuggle closer to her in his half asleep state. 

"Nahi.." He pouted, his eyes watering. 

"Aw mera baby. Yahan hi toh hoon jaan." She cooed at him quietly. "Dekh kaheen nahi jaa rahi teri Sana." 

Siddharth relaxed, pushing himself into her arms while Shehnaaz smiled welcoming the weight of the man child she was fortunate enough to call hers. "Baat kar merse, kya hua?" 

"Kal.. shoot ke baad.. baarish-- sardi lag gayi shaayad." Siddharth responded, hiding himself into her arms like a child. 

Shehnaaz smiled softly at his antics. "Toh kisne kaha tha itni baarish mein bina umbrella ke superman ban-ne ko?" She chided gently. 

"Sorry.." Siddharth mumbled quietly. 

Shehnaaz sighed. "Koi baat nahi." She said, kissing his head affectionately. "Gala sookh raha hai na, garam paani pee le, thoda sa araam aayega. Dard bhi kam hoga throat ka." She suggested. "Laa ke doon?" 

"Tu mat jaa na yaar Sana.." He said halfheartedly, tightening his hold on her. 

Shehnaaz almost chuckled at her sick, cranky Siddharth. She had heard people say that you're only ever truly in love if you fall in love with all the better and the worst parts of your other half, deeper and deeper with every passing second of everyday. 

She did. Everyday. With the best and the worst of him. 

In sickness, and in health. 

She pecked his lips gently. "Bas do minute mera baccha. Abhi gayi aur abhi aayi, fir waapis aise hi hug kar ke let jaiyyo."