Imagine Eight

Siddharth smiled at Shehnaaz as soon as she entered the apartment and stood up from the couch that he was lying sprawled across. 

"Baby.." He cooed at her. "Theek hai tu?" 

Shehnaaz smiled back at him and nodded. "Mein na kitna darr rahi thi Siddharth, injection se." 

Siddharth smiled, wrapping his good arm around her. "Dard hua?"  

"Thoda sa. Amma hoti toh bolti cheeti kaat gayi bas.. kucch nahi hua." 

Siddharth chuckled.  

"Cheeti kaat gayi bas, kucch bhi nahi hua." Siddharth repeated those exact words, kissing her temple gently. 

Shehnaaz looked at him surprised.  

Siddharth frowned. "Tu hi toh bolti hai gadhi ki mein tera sab kucch hoon, maata.. pita.. bhai.. pati-- toh.." Siddharth shrugged, leaving her to comprehend the rest.  

Shehnaaz shook her head fondly. "Gadha hai tu." 

"Gadhi ki sangat mein hoon itne dinn se. Asar toh aana hi tha. Haina?" Siddharth retorted cheekily. 

Shehnaaz pouted. "Chal na ja, araam se baith sofa pe. Tu bhi lagwaa ke aaya hai injection abhi. Mein change karke aayi." 

"Oye.. ruk moti." Siddharth called out, holding her hand. "Pehle yeh juice pee, phir jaana kamre mein. Change karne ke baad waapis aane ki himmat nahi rahegi. I'm also coming with you." 

"Mein theek hoon Siddharth." 

Siddharth smiled. "Phir bhi, juice pee le na pehle." 

Shehnaaz sighed. "Okay." 

Siddharth grinned and handed her the glass of juice. "Tune piya?" 

"Do glass pi chuka hoon." Siddharth informed her. "Now quit stalling, fatafat piyo." 

*** 

Siddharth felt the bed dip beside him and he opened his eyes. He was not exactly sleeping but just half lying against the headrest of their bed with his eyes closed. Shehnaaz had pretty much collapsed on the bed after changing into home clothes exactly like he had predicted.  

Siddharth smiled, running his fingers through her hair. "Tu theek hai mera baccha?" He asked, realising that his voice had started to sound throaty and rough to his ears.  

Well, the vaccination had to show at least some impact or symptoms on him. He was grateful it wasn't something worse since he won't have been able to stay confined to his bed for more than a few hours at best.  

Siddharth frowned when his talkative little munchkin didn't reply soon enough. "Baby.." 

Shehnaaz did reply this time with a soft hmm. 

"Theek hai?" 

And again, hmm.  

Siddharth sighed, shifting slightly and looked at her. Shehnaaz's face was buried in a pillow and she looked absolutely adorable to him. He bent over and placed a long yet gentle kiss on the side of her head. "So jaa." 

*** 

Siddharth frowned as he saw Shehnaaz washing her face in their bathroom. "Tu kab uthi?" 

"Das minute huye. Tu kahan tha?" 

Siddharth gestured to the mug in his hand. "Throat mein irritation tha toh I went to the kitchen to get some warm water. I've got some extra for you too, in case you need it. It's in the thermos." He explained.