Imagine Nineteen

heyyitscherry Mujhe na tumhaare prompts se pyaar hone lag gaya hai.. 🥺

First prompt of yours "Nightmare" I managed to write. Your second is.. in progress right now so be eager for that too.. but uss se pehle, yeh parh ke batao zra ki accha laga ya nahi.. ♥

***

Shehnaaz was running. Breathless and aching all over— calling out frantically, screaming. The air on her face was chilling, but she could still feel sweat trickling down her face— maybe it was the tears that were streaming down her face. She could feel her heart racing, fear etched across every square inch of her being. 

It felt like ages. She had been running for far too long, she had come too far away from home— yet the fear hadn't subsided. It had been building stronger, the farther she ran. 

Away from home. 
Away from peace. 

Soon, she would be too tired to scream anymore and soon after, even to run. She was scared of that moment more than anything else in this world. 

She was scared of succumbing. She was scared of losing. 

So she ran, every step more painful than the last she took and yet she couldn't stop running. She couldn't succumb. 

She called out again. Screaming and thrashing. Crying for peace, for safety. The voices were growing louder and louder while she grew weaker and weaker. 

"Sidharth!" She cried, loud enough to hear it echo back to her. Her voice came back and he didn't. She screamed again, desperate. "Sidharth.. please!!" 

Bacha mujhe. Mujhse aur nahi bhaaga ja raha. 

Shehnaaz sobbed. Somehow, she had twisted her ankle. She felt her body shut down, her legs turning limp, his voice dying. The shadows creeped closer and she closed her eyes. "Sidharth." She screamed, with the last of her voice.

*~*

Shehnaaz shot upright, looking around frantically as she screamed Sidharth's name with all her might. 

She was in her room, entangled oddly within her comforter and crying. 

Horrified

She couldn't comprehend anything. Nothing would make sense after that. Her heart was racing in fear, her face wet with tears and breathing ragged. 

Sidharth rushed into the room, alarmed. "Shehnaaz.. kya hua?" He asked, only halfway through the door. 

Shehnaaz was sobbing, eyes wide, face red. Sidharth ran into the room seeing her like that. "Baby.. kya hua?" 

Her whole body shook with sobs— even as Sidharth pulled her into his arms, trying to get her to calm down. Tears streamed faster. "Sidharth.." She whimpered, wrapping her fingers around his T-Shirt, trying to pull him closer. 

Sidharth rubbed her back. "I'm here. Mai yaheen hoon baby. Tere paas hi hoon meri jaan." He assured her. 

Shehnaaz was breathing harshly, shaking and mumbling incoherently, leaning against his chest. Sidharth looked at her worried. What had even happened? 

"Naaz.. meri jaan— kya hua?" He asked concerned. "Baat kar mujhse meri jaan."

"Sidharth.." Shehnaaz sniffed. "Please.. Sidharth.."

"Kya baby.. Kya hua meri jaan? Bata mujhe? Mai hoon tere paas mera baccha." He said, pressing soft, quick kisses on her head. 

"Tu nahi aaya." She sobbed breathlessly. "Mene kitna bulaaya tujhe. Tu nahi aaya."