Chapter 36

A few weeks have passed and I moved back to 'Glass Home' residence since Kai finally returned. Although I enjoyed staying at the Royal Palace and interacting with my in-laws and even grew closer with them, not only was it easier for me to do my duties since I had to attend the royal ball and state events, but I know Kai would be unsatisfied if I chose to stay.

Since Kai always preferred to have his own space that he could share with me.

There was another dilemma, as a reward for suppressing the rebellion Kai received not only a generous reward but was also rewarded with a month of vacation since it's rare for royal families to have a vacation. On the other hand, I still had duties that I had to perform as a princess which Kai was annoyed about since he wanted to spend time with me but couldn't do anything about it.

Except, he will complain that I'm working too much and say that I'm neglecting him. He would often recommend taking more breaks or leaving work for another day. Involuntarily I had to agree with Kai's suggestions and spend time procrastinating with Kai.

Kai became more affectionate and doting after he returned. I guess the time we spent apart made our love stronger.

Currently, I was in the library writing letters to the new valuable connections that I made that will help with my goal of establishing an organization that will help werewolves if they met with difficulties in the Nauloria Empire.

Then I felt Kai approach me. I only hoped that he didn't come here to ask me to take a break since I wanted to finish writing the letters today.

Instead, Kai picked me up then he sat down in the chair that I sat in and finally he put me on his lap. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and I softly sighed.

"I didn't disturb you when you were working, did I ?" I asked Kai while my voice was soft. Kai only smiled and gently put his chin on my shoulder.

"Oh, I wish you came more often to my office." There is no way that I could argue against him.

"Are you sure that you don't want to have your work desk in my office?" Kai asked me. He asked me this question before he had to go to the Mermaid state and I declined his offer. I liked to have an open space that I had working in the library.

"If I agree, will you stop bothering me and distract me from the work?" I firmly asked Kai but he mischievously smiled and replied "Maybe."

"Oh, I hope that you didn't forget that we have a dinner date today?" I almost forgot that I promised that I will go to the restaurant with him since he pestered me that he wanted to spend more time with me.

"I didn't know that today is the dinner date, I will get ready after I finish writing the letters. Will that be alright with you?" Kai only hummed in agreement.

Then I had no choice but to continue to work while I sat on Kai's lap.

After that, I went to my room to get ready. Luckily I planned the outfit so I don't have to spend a lot of time choosing the outfit.

I picked the black cocktail dress and paired it with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. I am also glad that my natural straight blonde hair will make me look elegant. The only thing that is left is to choose shoes, I choose black suede black heels.

Since I had already put on the foundation the only thing that is left to add is red lipstick and a good mascara. Then I sprayed with Oscar de la Renta - Bella rosa perfume, this is my favorite rose-scented perfume. After that, I grabbed my purse.

Then I went down to the first floor with the elevator and Kai was already waiting for me.

"I hope I didn't make you wait long." As the princess, I needed to be more meticulous in choosing my outfit if I don't want to be critiqued by the press.