Quick Overview

After their time in the Prison World, Bonnie and Damon grew much closer and started dating.

Elena and Stefan found their way back to each other shortly after she turned her humanity back on and was then healed of her vampirism.

Caroline was born a werewolf and Klaus turned both her and Tyler into hybrids. Caroline was unable to hide her feelings for Klaus which were amplified by the sire bond which caused her and Tyler to break up. Tyler left town to break his own sire bond and free the other hybrids while Caroline chose to stay in Mystic Falls. When Klaus realized what Tyler was off doing, he encouraged Caroline to go and find him in hopes that her sire bond would be broken too. She returned shortly after breaking it and proved that her feelings for Klaus were genuine. They left Mystic Falls and began traveling the world together.

The heretics came out of the prison world and the Gemini Coven were able to save both Jo and the twins from Kai and Alaric took his wife and children out of Mystic Falls to live as normal a life as possible.

Kai attempted to attack Bonnie and was killed by Damon. Once everyone found out that Lily was leading the Heretics and claimed to want peace, Stefan, Bonnie, Elena and Damon decided it would be best for them to get to know the heretics to figure out if they were a threat or not.