Chapter 16: Leigh?

Chapter 16:
The one where I rethink our actions, and question you. Did you do this for love... or for sex?

Zack's POV

The toaster! That's all I wanted!

A couple of months ago I moved out of Jade's flat, to find my own, since I wanted to have the luxury of having to wake up with nothing to worry about. Jade was like a toddler. You had to put coffee and biscuit regulations on her, make sure she didn't drink too much, take her phone away and make sure she didn't look at a screen too much, made sure she went to bed at a reasonable time... It's not that she needed to be monitored or all that she was dependant on me. I just felt the need to look after her. She was like my best little friend and I had to be around her 25/8. Now with my own flat I allowed myself to focus more on me than others, and it was really helping my mental health. Now, a bit before I left, Jade developed a passion, rather an addition, for, Pop Tarts and double buttered toast. Obviously giving her high cholesterol levels, I had to hide the toaster. In her bedroom. Behind the TV. You know the story of how the family hid the item in plain sight and still no one found it? Well, in this case it seemed to have worked. Today I remembered I had left it at hers after ages of looking, and decided to trek up there to fetch it. What I encountered was definitely not what I envisaged.

No One's POV

Zack opened the door to Jade's flat using the spare key he kept, laughing at the board saying 'I climbed Kilimanjaro' which welcomed him.

"Jade?" He whispered as he knocked. "I'm coming in..."

He opened the door to pitch black, since the curtains has been drawn and no lights were on.

"Jade?" He whispered once again but all he heard was light snores, and maybe someone else snoring too? It was just his imagination he thought. He switched his phone torch on, careful do that it wouldn't disturb Jade, and tiptoed towards the TV. Shining the light on the floor he found a set of underwear, a bra, and pants. Maybe Jade hadn't done the laundry yet, he thought. After feeling behind the TV for a good minute, his hand caught hold of the metal appliance. Aha! He thought. As he leaned forward to pick it up, his phone slipped out of hand. As he bent down to pick it up the light shone across the floor, identifying another set of underwear. Had Jade really gotten this lazy? A rustle of bedsheets made him step back a bit before he put the toaster down and tiptoed towards the bed. There indeed lay two bodies; Jade and another girl- Leigh-Anne? Moving even closer, he noticed that both girls were completely naked lying on top of the duvet, Jade's small figure nestling gently against Leigh's as she held her close to her chest, wrapping her legs around Jade, as Jade mirrored the same, except for her arms which lay lazily around Leigh's hips, unconsciously stroking Leigh's sides with her fingertips. She shivered from the cold, making Leigh unconsciously pull her in closer. Zack laughed to himself. He did indeed notice the drinks on the coffee table but he knew that Jade wasn't one for drunken sex. From the way she always talked about Leigh, she seemed really in love, and as far as Zack could tell, she got what she desired. Setting his phone on the table face down he gently lifted the girls, pulling the duvet from underneath them and laying it on top of their bare bodies. Jade smiled in her sleep, nuzzling even further into Leigh's chest. Zack picked up his phone and the toaster and left without a sound, more than ready to tell Holly what happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                      

Jade's POV                                                                    

Jade woke up to a face full of dark silky hair. Coming to her senses, she sat up, looking back down at Leigh-Anne, sleeping peacefully. Looking down at her body she noticed that she was... naked. Confused for a minute, Jade looked down herself, realising what happened last night. She shook her head in disbelief, not believing her eyes To be certain, she dragged a finger down her stomach to feel how wet she was. They had indeed had sex, Jade realised. She looked at Leigh, who was sleeping nestled against Jade's torso, peaceful and content. Did she regret it? No. Did Jade regret it? She thought to herself. It had something she had wanted to do for so long, and being with Leigh only made her feel safe about herself. She smiled, knowing that this could be the beginning of something brilliant.

"Jaaaade." Leigh groaned as her arm felt for Jade. "Jade where are you?"

"I'm right here baby girl." Jade lay back down and stroked Leigh's back.

"Wake up! It's 9!"

"5 minutes please!"

"No!" Jade took her arm and pulled her up with me.

"I'm taking a shower," Leigh said, moving the covers from her hand standing up.

"Let me join you..." she whispered, just about to stand up, but she closed the bathroom door, not even turning back. Was she angry with Jade?

"Leigh-Anne," Jade called walking closer to the bathroom door. It was locked from inside, but she couldn't hear any movement.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Leigh? Please talk to me. Have I done something wrong?" Jade asked desperately, watching Leigh-Anne move around the kitchen, totally ignoring her.

"Is it about yesterday? Did you not feel it? Was I not good? Were you not ready for it? Leigh-Leigh, please!"

"Jade," Leigh started. Jade walked closer to Leigh-Anne. "You took advantage of me being drunk!"

"I was drunk too!"

"I don't know, Jade, it just feels that you took advantage of me being drunk for your own pleasure like you wanted to replace Perrie with someone for sex."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."

"I'm still not sure. I need to clear this up. My feelings, my thoughts. May I have some space alone, please?"

"Sure," Jade said, looking down to make sure Leigh wouldn't see her cry. No one had ever really seen her cry. Apart from that reunion night. But even then, those weren't Jade's proper tears. The ones she'd only shed for the person she adored most in the world. She walked away without a word, head down and arms folded around her torso, as Leigh walked back into the bedroom, closing the door calmly.

------------------------------------------------
WORD COUNT: 1084