Chapter 17: These 4 Calls

Chapter 17:
The one we understand where we went wrong, and go back to the beginning

"Please pick up Sian, please..." Leigh begged under her breath.

"Hey, Leigh?"

"Hey Sian, do you have a minute?"

"Go ahead."

"What do you do when you feel like a friend's too clingy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like let's say you do something, and you have to do it with the other person because they force you to?"

"Okay what specifically happened?"

"Nothing! No one's done anything. But I feel like if it's going to continue this way then they're going to get dependant on me. For everything, that is."

"Jade?"

"Yes."

"Well since she's looking after you, you can't just run away from her. Maybe talk to her. Say you need a bit of time away from her."

"I tried, but I could tell that she was heartbroken when I left her out there."

"There's not much you can do. Maybe speak to other people, or encourage her to talk to others just as much as she talks to you."

"Ok. Thanks, Sian. You're always there when I need you."

"Love you lots."

Leigh sighed, placing the phone down next to her, shaking her head.

------------------------------------------------

"Please pick up, Perrie!" Jade whispered, tapping at her phone rapidly.

"Hey, Jadey!"

"Hey Pez, can I talk to you?"

"Sure baba."

"What do you do when you're really close to someone one day, and then suddenly they're ignoring you?"

"Leigh?"

"Yes."

"Look, maybe you're just being clingy. Or you're forcing her to do things."

"Ask her, please! She doesn't want to tell me anything."

"Alright, I will, but I can't see how me asking her is going to help with anything."

"Thank you."

Jade sat the phone beside her, shaking her head in confusion and worry.

------------------------------------------------

"Another call?" Leigh questions as her phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Leigh?"

"Hey, Perrie!"

"Can I talk to you about something?"

"What?"

"Jade..."

"What about her?"

"She was almost crying on the phone to me. Says you've been avoiding her."

"No, it's just- I don't want to hurt her or anything. I just need my space away. Maybe talk to other people. I appreciate everything she's done for me, and she's been so kind and I have no intention of making her feel bad."

"Clingy, you mean?"

"Well, yes, I suppose so. Please don't tell her. I don't want to make her feel bad."