An Unwanted Visit

The weeks went by slowly and painfully but improved a great deal in my lessons with Alagwar. I wish I could say the same for Madame Linette because I did have bigger issues arising when trying to enter her mind. It was difficult to get back sometimes, but she would help me out.

When she went into my head, it felt as though the wind was passing by and I was being shaken severely by it. The headaches did not cease, but I soon learned to manage them better. But, we did soon stop using the potion as a crutch and I was able to figure it out myself.

Every time I went over, Arthur (and sometimes Ophelia if she did not choose to stay with Alagwar, which wasn't likely) was told into Claudina's room. Whenever Madame Linette went through my mind, she quickly skimmed around in my memories, evaluating smaller details.

On our 24th day of training, Madame Linette was conversing with Arthur as we were leaving. "You are a good boy Arthur and an eligible bachelor. Claudina is going to stray off to the wrong path unless she settles herself. I think it would be good if you considered my proposal of a love affair between you and her after the battle," she was slick with her words and it threw Arthur off.

"Oh, I'm flattered! I shall think about this beautiful proposal from you," he flushed. "Don't you think we are far too young to think of marriage?"

"Oh, it could be any age in Blossom County!" Madame Linette chuckled.

Well, that was not pleasant. You could be married at any age in Blossom County!

As we were leaving, I did not drop the subject. "That would be both Tree and Claudina, but you're not going to accept that proposal." I did not want him to accept the proposal that Madame Linette had offered, and it did make me fill with spite for her.

"Oh, the girls you've gotten to swoon over you! However does he do it?" I snorted at him to try and lighten the mood because I said the last thing so stiffly.

"How do you know that I won't?" He sounded upset with me.

"You... you have to love Tree!" I did not have anything else to say to him.

"What if I loved neither?" He broke in unexpectedly.

"Then you must be a fool because they are both extraordinary in looks and spirit."

Arthur's voice took an amusing turn. "You have only met them both once in-"

"First impressions are the most important," was the best thing I could think of to reply with.

But soon, training was over and we had to rehearse for the upcoming conference. Ophelia had insisted that I had to come and would not take no for an answer. She made sure that Arthur came too so he had the power to finalize his seat at the table. Since their fight, the two had a very long talk about their relationship and how Arthur was not happy with his father. To my knowledge, it was similar to Desdemona's mother, who left her for the human world. Arthur's father had sadly done the same.

The two of them had worked it all out and they were in a better place now.

I still did not know how to fly, so we had yet again travelled through the bubble. We were travelling to a place that seemed like it was decades away. Ophelia and Arthur never bothered to tell me where we would be going, which I did not know why. Arthur said it was for suspense when I asked him, but it was too hard to tell if he was serious or joking.

We had stopped in front of a tree that was the most beautiful one I had ever laid my eyes upon. It wasn't a willow tree, which was my favourite, but an oak tree. It was the exact same oak tree I had seen in the vision when I was first brought here. It was as if it had been frozen in time.