Chapter 4: Conquences

Tails krept home that night. It was late and he expected to be asleep. However, Sonic was not. He was up, beady eyed, running on caffeine, reading a new paper on a chair thaat he had positioned near the door so that Vladimir could not see him.

"Where were you!" Sonic snapped angrily.

"Uh you know, " Vlad said, avoiding eye contact. "Around."

Vladimir took out a syringe that was hidden behind the TV and became Tails. All his injuries remained.

"So what happened today?" Sonic asked, pointing his bony finger to Tail's injuries.

"I uh, tripped again." said Tails, lying throw his teeth. "The roads have gone bad because of Eggman."

In all the best lies there was a shred of truth. Tails was wright, Eggman had been destroying the roads. His new regime had nearly tripled the infrastructure budget, but the most of the money went straight to Eggman's denim pockets. The roads now were in shambles. Cracks everywhere, and potholes. The bombing raids did not help either. Sonic was thankful that he did not know anyone who had died in them. They came about once a mouth, and Eggman's cheap planes would rain down panzerfausts on any town thought to have resistance activity active in it. Eggman planned to crush their spirits with his iron fist, but really more people just slipped throw his fingers.

"Good excuse." Sonic said, and throwed on of the photos on to Tails. Tails grabbed it with both hands. His face turned pallid.

"Wha-Where you'd get this?" Tails demanded.

"That dosen't matter." Sonic said. "I saw you get beat up by those bullies, and I felt real bad for you, until..."

Sonic showed Tails the picture he had taken of Tails smoking weed. Tails jaw fell to the ground.

"No-Sonic I swear this isn't-" Tails said despratly.

"WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" Sonic said. He snacked Tails on the cheek. "Listen, I am not about to let you throw your life away! I'm going to tell you what is going to happen. You are going to tell me the names of all of the people who beat you up and did drugs, and I am going to report them to the hidden police. Your grounded!"

"WHAT?!" Tails screamed.
"Tails, you used pot." Sonic said calmly, putting his hand on Tails head and vigorously rubbing. "This is serious. There must be consequences."

Tails sneered, and throwed all of the photos into the blazing fireplace.

"NO TAILSS!" Sonic screamed and dove for them. He rolled everywhere trying to grab them before it was too late. They turned to ash into his hands.

"Why did you do that?!" Sonic ashed in anger.

"Know you have 0 proof." Tails replied with a smirk

Sonic felt the rage build up inside of him. How could he be so stupid? Sonic let the anger get the better of him, and punched Tails so heard he collapsed.

"Why you gotta do sa thing like that?!" Sonic screamed.

"You can't do that." Tails said, smiling throw the pain. "You don't have proof."

Sonic wanted to punch him again, blunt in his heart of ears he knew that his brother was correct. Sonic stormed off to their room to plot his next move.

Athur's note:

Yeah I know this one is short, but for pacing reasons it will make sense. Y'all are just going to have to trust me on that one. Also, I am publishing like 3 chapters at once so it dosen't matter. :D