Chapter 9: The Call

Sonic sat at his desk, nawing on one of Tail's fancy pens. It was specially designed by Tails to never spill any ink, and write both invidibly and visibly. Vlad was at school right now, so there was time for him to think and plan his nest move. Sonic now knew of the city in the sewers, and undercover metropolis full of Egg moon resistors. Sonic chewed on the pen tip more, crushing it between his teeth. Sonic wanted to turin the sewers into a resistance network. It could turn the table on Eggman, liberia the country. He would need some help though. Sonic got up from his desk, tossing the broken remains of the pen into the trash. Sonic slid down to his bunker.

"Hello, Sonic." the computer mainframe said in Amy's voice. "What can I due for you?"

"Good mourning Computer" Sonic told the computer, "I want you to call Ames. I need to see fern"

"Caling Amy." the Computer said, then unleashing a rabid dial up noise. Soon, a picture of Amy and Knucles pooped up onto the screen.

"Hiya Sonic!" Amy said. Her voice was like the water from a cactus in the Gobi Dessert. It was refreshing, quenching, and life saving. Sonic smiled as it brought music to his ears. He beamed at her, and she reflected it right back at him.

"What's this about?" Knuckles asked. "You said 'No Contact Unless There is an Emergency'. What happened?"

"Yeah," said Amy, now distressed. "Did something happen? Where's Tails? Is he in the hospital? Did Eggman grab him?"

"Know, know, know." Sonic said, eager to lull his friends into a clam state. "Things have cooled down over here. I was a-thinking that we could come together and start planning our next moves against Eggman."

"Nest move?" asked Knuckles, his eyebrows furrowing. Sonic swore that he could nearly hear his red friend think. "But you said we was supposed to hide?"

"We can't beat Eggman just by hiding!" Sonic declared resoundingly. "We gotta actively resist him. We can't just be like ostriches and shove our heads into the dirt, hoping that the wolves will miss us. The wolves will see, and devour."

Amy and Knuckles nodded along like they were understanding the speech.

"Well what's changed?" asked Amy.

"Well, I made some friends." explained Sonic the hedgehog. "With them we can form a whole network, and end Eggman once and four all!"

This seemed to appease his two companions. Sonic smiled, than he began to flip a few switches on the massive control panels infront of him. He also pushed buttons.

"Right now I'm sending you a morose code of my location." Sonic told Amy. "I want the two of you to come over here. But be careful. Don't lett Eggman see you. Or you'll be toast."

"Got it boss" yelped Knuckles, interrupting Sonic. "But where is Tails?"

"Tails is uh—----- fine," Sonic sweated, not wanting to explain the whole school situation to them. "Yeah, yeah, he's fine, don't worry about it."

"Well where is he?" asked Knuckles, totally buying what Sonic was selling. "It's been a while since I've seen that little goofball. I just wanna say hi."

"He's at school." Sonic blurped out as quick as a cat, instantly regretting it. "Yeah, everything is fine, he is just at school. And Don't any of you DARE worry. We all good."

The sweat pouring out from the blue hedgehog's face would have given Mount Rushmore a rush for it's money. Stink oozed out of his armpits like a horrible jelly. But relief was spread across Sonic's expression when he realized that Amy and Knuckles had bought his baloney. He breathed out a sigh of tremendous relief. It felt like a thousand years had been lifted of off his shoulders. Sonic hated lying to his very own fiends, but a hog's gotta do what a hog's gotta due!

"So, howe are things with you?" Sonic said, quickly trying to change the subject. "Have any adventures while we've been... separated."

"We've had one or too." said Knuckles, exchanging a gnawing glance with Amy.

"Yeah" replied Anny, "We stopped Eggman from erupting a volcano and destroying the village."

"Wow!" declared Sonic, expressed.

Amy began to dole out the details, but Sonic didn't really pay attention. His mind sorta just nodded off. Instead, his vision fixed itsealf onto his won true love, Ames. It had been a while since they had seen each other, especially in person. Sonic did nut know if this counted, but he

didn't car anymore. He loved. She would be his and he would be hears. Forever. And Ever. But as he glossily stared his eyeballs into her strawberry shortcake colored skin, an image of her pooped into his head. It was in one of his dreams. Sonic remebered Amy stabbing him several times in his only gut, and the words "STAY WiTH ME!" echoed in his mind. His mind felt all foggy. It was like he was having a bad hangover. His stomach began to twist from itself inside out like a pretzel.

"Anyway, we saved that whole village from the liquid fires!" Amy said enthusiastically as a beaver, "Anything else."

Amy hadn't noticed the sorry State that Sonic was in. Good.....

"No...no.... that's it." Sonic struggled through each words. "I...uuhhh.....I gotta go...know."

"Okay. Bye!" Knuckles shouted, and slammed his fist onto the End Confrence button. Sonic rushed to the toilet. Acrid acid coughted up from his throat.

"Whats...whats happening to me??!" Sonic shouted into the toliet. "I love Amy.... why... why..."

He just kept repeating that word over and over and over anf over again. He was like a shattered vinyl. He wanted to see Amy Again. He wanted to hug her, to cry into her shoulders. He wanted to be under the quilts with her as she whispered "Everything is gonna be A-Okay my little blue chum-chum" into his furry ears. What was happening to him.

Was it something I ate? Sonic thought without noise. Am I going through puberty again?

Or...

No.... It can't be....

Does it have something to do with Ames!

Arthur's note:

Sorry about this being kinda short, it was gonna be a bite longer but I wanted the cliffhanger! See y'all soon-ish!