Chapter 11

Michael

The boys have been texting me none stop since I flew out here to see Willow. I still haven't told them about her and luckily none of the paps know I'm here. That would be horrible if Willow and I were out one day and they found us. Management would be so mad if they found out u came here without security.

So many people will have hate towards Willow. That's how it was when Sierra, Crystal and Lizze joined the family. Some of our fans hated them because the that meant some of us were no longer single. Lizze was cyberbullied and the point where she almost killed herself. Luckily Ashton found her before anything happened.

Crystal and Sierra were still affected by the public, but they already had a fantasy before getting with Luke and I. They were slightly used to what fans and media's words can do to a single person. They stayed strong though and did their best to ignore everything.

After a while the media calmed down and left our girls alone. Lizze is much more happy now and hasn't thought about doing anything to herself in years. Ashton helped her deal with the mental stress the media caused her.

I'm not sure how Willow would deal with it all. She is strong, but the media can be really bad. The boys and are still struggle to keep ourselves up after the media say some stuff. We know that the stories they tell are fake and just publish them for attention.

Luke keeps texting and calling me, making sure I'm still alive. He knows how I felt after Crystal died. Luke has been there, by my side trying to keep my spirits up. I really should tell him what's going on with my personal life because he has given up alot of his free time to help me. Willow and I just aren't at the full capacity I want us to be at. I think when she tells me those three words, I'll ask her if I can introduce her to the boys. I know how much they'll love her, but I feel as if neither of us are ready.

Management hasn't called yet, but I feel like the day they will is coming closer. That means I should get back home before the media finds me. They would be pissed to have and deal with dismissing the talk of me moving on.

Willow was still sleeping in her room, so I quietly got dressed and went for a short walk. Before leaving, I jotted down a little message for her when she wakes up. Don't want her worrying that I left her.

The morning breeze hit my face as I stepped outside. Sun shining down on my face, partially blinding me for a few seconds. I rubbed my eyes, stretched and began walking down the street. Streets were empty and quiet. The lights in houses were barely visible.

Not really having a certain destination, I walked around some cul-de-sac and headed back. On my way back, there was a young man walking out of his house. A woman stood in the front door frame, wrapping in her housework closer to her body. A small child popped their head out from behind her and ran up to the man. "I love you daddy!"

The child jumped into his arms, giving him a large hug. A smile appeared on my face as I began to image what it would be like if that was Willow, me and our kid. A little me running around, causing trouble everywhere he went. Or even a small Willow, conquering the world at a young age, becoming the smartest and strongest woman known to man kind.

When I got back to the house, Willow was awake, sipping coffee while watching some TV. She was curled up on the couch, blankets piled around her. Otto barked and hobbled over to me. I chuckled and bent down earning a lick from his slobbery face.

"How was your walk?" She asked not looking away from the TV. A baking show was playing on screen and some contestant had just burnt their cake. "Idiot!" She shouted at the screen.

I walked over to the couch, took the coffee out of her hand and chugged it back. Warmth ran through my body making me feel more tired than I did when I woke up. Coffee doesn't really have that affect of keeping me awake like it does with others, just makes me warm and tired.

"That was mine." Willow said scoffed as she moved the blankets getting ready to stand up and make another cup. "Sit down. I'll get it." Willow smiled and snuggled back up under the blankets. Otto jumped up and joined her.

By the time the coffee was done, Otto was fast asleep and Willows eyes were struggling to stay open. "Your tired." She slowly shook her head.

"No. Just ti-" "tired yeah. Me too." Willow looked up at me and smiled. I slowly out the coffee on the table and started to remove the mountain of blankets off of Willow.

"What you doing?" She whined, pulling the blankets back from my hands. "You need to go back to sleep." She shook her head again, which I ignored. I reached down, curled my arms her back and legs lifting her up bridal style. Willow leaned her head on my shoulder, shutting her eyes as she sighed. My heart fluttered being this close to her.

I haven't held someone like this since Crystal and I were together. Of course I miss her and will always miss her, but I so need to move on. Crystal will always be my first greatest love. She helped me become the person I am today. There will always be a space in my heart for her, no matter who I date. Crystal would want me to be happy, she wouldn't want me to be sulking around my whole life because I haven't moved on.

I layed Willow down on the bed but not before pulling the sheets back. I tucked her in nicely and turned around to walk away. "Don't leave me, please." Her eyes still closed as she spoke. Her grip tightened around my wrist.

"Ok. Just give me a minute." She made a small noise telling me she heard what I said. I quickly and quietly walked to my clothes, slipped on my pj's and headed back to the room. Willow was asleep by the time I crawled into the bed with her. I layed on my back looking up at the ceiling. Her breathing beside me was a nice calming rhythmic pattern.

I sighed and shut my eyes wanting to get some sleep. I pulled the blankets up to my neck and got more comfortable. Willow mumbled something that I couldn't hear. My eyes shot open when her arm flung onto my stomach and her head muzzled into my neck. I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

This moment was nice, just laying in bed, cuddled up next to Willow. She's going to be so disappointed when I tell her. But my friends are worrying about me and I have to get home.

_______________________________________

Song featured above: Baby Blue, Luke Hemmings(2021)

I think this is where the storyline changes drastically. Hope your ready. Also I can't wait till 5sos new album out.