Chapter 17

Willow

I yawned and rolled over, turning off my alarm clock. The sun shined through the blinds, making my eyes flutter shut. My legs stretched out words, toward the end of the bed, but stopped at something. I raised my head to see what was stopping me. Curled up on the end of the bed were Otto, Southy and Moose. I smiled and layed back down.

His arm twitched and flopped onto me, pulling me back under the warmth of the blankets. Michael mumbled something into my shoulder making me smile. "Good morning sleepyhead," I said combing my finger through his scruffy hair.

Michael hummed as I began to massage his head. His eyes fluttered open, looking up at me. We both smiled, obviously happy to be close together again. "You're so beautiful/ I'm just in awe that I have someone with your looks lying next to me."

I chuckled and moved as he sat up more. "Oh so I'm only here cause of my looks." I began to jokingly pull back the blankets and get out of bed. Michael's eyes widened and he gripped the blanket so I couldn't move.

"That's not what I meant. I meant that you just- you were kidding." I laughed as he sighed and slid under the blankets. "I love you Willow."

I moved the blanket off of his head, "love you too Michael."

___

Michael was cooking lunch for the both of us, so I layed on the couch watching some TV. I was in the middle of watching Worst Cooks in America when my phone started buzzing around on the table.

"Ya gonna pick it up?" Michael asked from the kitchen. I shook my head and pressed the power button on my phone. "Willow? Who was it?"

"Richard." Michael cocked his head and frowned. "That's my dad."

He sighed and walked into the living room with two plates in his hands. Michael grabbed the remote and paused my show. "Hey! I wasn't done watching that."

I smiled trying to reach for the remote, not understanding that Michael wasn't being funny. His face was motionless, his smile had disappeared. "Willow. You can't ignore him for the rest of your life. He is your dad after all."

I groaned and flopped back against the pillow. Otto jumped off the couch and ran away, lucky dog. "Michael can we not talk about this."

He placed his hand on my knee, the remote still gripped in his free hand. I eyed the remote as he began talking. "I know what he did. I know you loved him very much, but just let him talk. You don't have to say anything, just let him know you listened."

As he spoke I looked away, keeping my focus on the paused TV show. Michael patted my knee and placed the remote back into my lap. I could see out of the corner or my eye that he grabbed his plate and walked away with it. My heart throbbed as him walking away made me feel guilty.

I don't know why I felt quilts, but it did. Otto jumped up onto the couch and snorted a couple times before ramming himself into my side. "I know Otto. Don't make me feel more upset than I am right now."

Otto stopped and curled up into a ball, which made me roll my eyes. I sighed and stood up, remote on the couch and phone in my hand. With nervous steps I walked around the house, listened for where Michael could be.

The last place I checked was his streaming room. Slowly opening the door, I peeked through seeing him pick at his food. A frown plastered onto his face as he took a sad sigh. This made my heart ache, I know Michael wants me to he happy, and not talking to my father hasnt been happy. Me not being happy makes him not happy.

"I'm sorry." The words just came out shocking him and myself. I opened the door more, walked to the couch he was sitting on and sighed. "Why does this happen with everyone I get close to?"

Michael pushed his plate further on the table. He turned himself and folded his legs, eyes locked onto my sad face. "Willow. You can't blame the situ-"

"No I can. First Leo, then Richard and now you. My mind forces me to do things like this in order to push people away. It's like I can be with people I love for too long before it all comes crashing down." I spoke, voice beginning to shake and tears forming in my eyes.

Michael moved himself closer, placing his hand on the side of my head and made me rest it onto his chest. I sniffles as he began petting my head.

"I don't know who Leo is, but I believe you couldn't have pushed him away. You father did something horrible, but there is no reason you need to blame yourself for his mistakes. And for me, there is no need to worry. I'll be here with you for a long time." He kissed the top of my head making me smile. I could hear his heartbeat thumping to the same bear as mine.

We staying in that position for a while, just taking in how each other felt at the moment, before my phone rang. I sat up, opening up my hand to see who's name had popped up on screen.

"Willow." Michael glanced down at my phone and gave me a stern look. I took a deep breath, nodded my head and pressed the answer button. Michael uncrossing his legs and moved himself so our sides were pressed together.

"You picked up! Oh honey. You shouldn't have seen that, we were planning to be done before you came home, but Cora insisted that we have some more fun. If I had not listened to her and she left earlier this wouldn't be happening. We would be at home, neither of you knowing about her. Your mother and I would be happy. Cora and I would be happy. No one would know."

"ARE FUCKING SERIOUS. I PICKED UP THE PHONE THINKING YOUD BE APOLOGIZING BUT ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS HOW IF NONE OF THIS HAPPENED YOU WOULD STILL BE FUCKING HER BEHIND MOMS BACK! DONT CALL ME EVER AGAIN AND ID YOU DO, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL YOU." I threw my phone across the room, not caring as it smashing into a million pieces. Michael pulled me into his arms as I screamed and cried till my whole body shook. That's when my vision went black and all I could hear was Michael shouting my name over and over again.

_______

Photo above from Michael's recent stream. He was so awkwardly adorable in that stream, and I loved it. Also have you streamed 2011 yet. No? Do it now. K, love ya!