hundred forty-eight

The fight was raging on as Clint ran through the battle field, the gauntlet and Stones with him.

"Cap!" He called over the comms. "What do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

"Get those Stones as far away as possible!" Steve ordered.

"No!" Bruce exclaimed. "We need to get them back where they came from."

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel," Tony added.

"Hold on!" Scott interrupted. "That wasn't our only time machine." Suddenly, the song La Cucaracha began playing.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Steve wondered, going to higher ground to try himself.

"Yes!" Valkyrie answered. "But you're not gonna like where' it's parked!"

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked.

"Maybe ten minutes," Scott responded.

"Get it started," Steve said. "We'll get the Stones to you."

"Not until this is finished," Y/N said. "I need to be able to channel the Stones." She was blasting the creatures attacking her to bits, trying to reach the Stones.

"Well hurry! You have ten minutes."

~~~

Dr. Strange was finishing up a group of Chitauri when Tony landed beside him. His helmet disappeared as he came closer to the sorcerer.

"Hey. You said one out of 14 million, we win, yeah? Tell me this is it," Tony begged.

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen," Strange responded.

"You better be right... Just tell me if Y/N lives."

"She demanded the same information about you. And I can't give you what you want either."

"I just need to know if she survives this. I don't care about myself or anyone else, I just need to know about Y/N."

"I cannot tell you."

"Then promise me you'll do everything you can to help her and keep her safe."

Strange sighed, his heart aching the in familiarity of the conversation. "Of course."

~~~

Y/N was trying to be careful with the amount of energy she was using. She knew that she needed to save up for a more crucial moment that laid ahead. As she fought off the army, the gauntlet was being tossed around to whoever was the safest for it at the moment. Y/N could hear the voices of who had it in her ear, but she was far more concerned with the battle in front of her.

"Rain fire!" Thanos' voice boomed across the battlefield.

Y/N inhaled sharply and looked up at the ship that was preparing to fire. Y/N flew up as they began to fire. She quickly noted that one hit Wanda, flinging her away from where she was fighting Thanos. Angry, Y/N flung her arms out and a giant force field formed between the battlefield and the ship.

"Y/N!" A few voices exclaimed.

Tony flew up, hovering beside her. "Honey, I'm right here. You got this." He could see the strain on her face as she tried her best to protect everyone. "Let me know when you need me and I'll be right here to catch you."

All Y/N could do was nod. Tony rushed back down to join the others.

"Uh, is anyone else seeing this?" Rhodey said.