hundred fifty-four

Steve, Jimmy, Tony, and Darcy gathered intel as they watched the recorded "show" again with a few SWORD agents. They also noticed, throughout the night, that new episodes kept coming. None of them revealing Y/N or Monica yet.

"First and foremost, our main objective is to get any intel on Captain Rambeau and Agent Stark. But originally, this case was a missing person, so we're going to start there," Agent Woo began. "We've successfully identified two individuals inside the Westview anomaly." He placed pictures of Wanda and Vision from the tv show onto a board behind him. "Let's keep going."

They used their resources from the DMV and school records they had access to, to compare those who were showing up on the show to those in real life. They were forming a board of it all. They were also putting a board together of what they knew about the anomaly and what they had questions about.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hart," Darcy announced, going to the board with added pictures and information. "Played by Todd and Sharon Davis."

"Abilash Tandon is Norm," Tony announced, adding his new information to the board.

"Good," Woo nodded. "Three down... more to go."

Tony noticed how intently Steve was staring at Vision's picture in the center of the board. "What's up, Rogers? What are you thinking about?"

"Vision... he's dead," Steve stated, keeping his eyes on the photo. "I didn't see it with my own eyes, but Y/N did and I saw his body afterwards... there was nothing left. Bruce even ran checks so that we were sure before handing it off to SWORD. But now... now I'm questioning if we missed something. Like, what if there was a part of Vision that was still functioning? We could have tried-"

"You did the best you could with the knowledge you had at the time." Tony rested his hand on his brother-in-laws shoulder. "Besides, you had just watched half the team turn to dust and the Mind Stone get ripped out of Vision's head. This isn't on you... trust me, I'm the king of guilt."

"Y/N's in there somewhere, with Vision and Wanda... And I can't help any of them right now. I feel useless."

"You're not useless, Steve. You just need to get faster at technology." Tony gave Steve a pat before going back to his computer to search up other members of the town.

"Harold Proctor is Jones," Darcy announced not too long later, handing the information over to Steve.

"Isabel Matsueida is Beverly," Tony said, posting his findings on the board.

"John Collins as Herb," Woo added.

Darcy went back to the tv, watching what was taking place. Gasping suddenly, everyone's attention turned to her.

"What is it, Darcy?" Steve asked as they all headed towards her.

"It's Captain Rambeau," she replied, pointing to Monica on the side of the screen.

"What?" Jimmy Woo rushed over. "That's her."

"So Y/N has to be around somewhere," Tony stated, feeling a slight tinge of relief.

"Does she seem okay to you?" Darcy wondered.

"Well, she doesn't appear to be harmed in any way," Jimmy noted. "But that is definitely not the boss lady I met yesterday."

"So what, deep cover? Monica has to play along?"

"With who?" Steve questioned. "Or else, what? Tony, Darcy, what are we lookin' at here? Is it an alternate reality? Time travel? A social experiment?"

"It's a sitcom. A 1950s sitcom."

"But why?"

"Hey, Cap, we're all working with the same scarcity of intel. But, listen, I do have an idea. Just... come with me."