Part 4

After the game of questions, you had sent a simple 'well done' message to your mystery recipient. The smile didn't leave your face for the next fifteen minutes as you read over your exchange. The flirting couldn't be all in your head. There were definite moments when a spark could be felt, even if over a messaging system. However, the more time went by without a response, the more your smile faded and reality took its place. Regardless of who was behind the account, you had enjoyed the brief conversation.

By the time Monday morning rolled around and radio silence was all that transpired between you and the stranger over the weekend, it seemed to be all a distant memory. That memory fueled several late night fantasies though. (A couple even with the addition of your trusty vibrator that had earned a fair bit of action.) The silence nearly stopped you from even mentioning it to your co-workers, who you hadn't seen since prior to the whole ordeal.

"Hey—any of you watch those Marvel movies?" you ask the three members of your fourth grade team as you all stood against your door frames, waiting for the bell to ring. It was a tradition. Sip your coffee and greet kids as they walk down the hall.

"Those aren't really my thing," Marie admitted as she punctuated her admittance with a sip of sweet tea. The woman consumed more sugar than anyone else you knew, but somehow maintained an envious figure.

"What do you mean 'not your thing'? Jamie has literally made me watch every single movie at least thirteen times with him. You have to watch them in a certain order if you want to get the true experience" Anna rattled on, even proceeding to go into the details of the different viewing sessions she had undergone with her husband.

You stopped listening about half way through, wondering if it was a mistake to even bring it up. Your co-worker's dissertation gave you ample time to weigh the pros and cons of revealing your little Instagram moment. When your third colleague chimed in, you journeyed back into the conversation.

"My kids have watched them all and probably know more about them than I do. Now, I'll watch some of the movies, but mainly for the guy who plays Thor," came Joy's response—you aren't supposed to have favorite members of your team, mainly because you are the grade level chair and that might start some drama, however you have known Joy since before you became a teacher. She was a mentor, a friend, and had talked to you off of many ledges both professional and personally.

The bell echoed throughout the school, signaling it was time for students to be making their way to your rooms. However, one student popped out of Joy's classroom, chewing on a bagel. "Don't let Ms. L/N hear you say that about Thor. She likes Loki. She tells us anti-heroes are the best," Andrew explained to his mom as he ducked around the corner into your room. Joy was always in the know about what you told your students, since you now taught her nine-year old boy.

"But he's so old!" came Anna, the youngest in the group at a whopping twenty-five, cringing with a near comical level expression.

"Are you even legal to vote?" you called out, stopping that line of conversation before it even started. At thirty-one, you were relatively nestled in the middle of the team as far as age was concerned. Never before had you been concerned with age and you certainly weren't going to start caring now as that continually nagging thought dwelled in your mind. What if you actually had been speaking to Tom Hiddleston?

"He's what—? Older than me, right?" Joy questioned, the oldest of the group.

"Barely. He's forty and you'll turn forty on your next birthday," You answered simply.

"Oh. Like another person we both know," Joy's words pointed very specifically at you. Your friend shared a birthday with your infamous ex, exactly to the year. It wasn't lost on you that Joy's tone also changed when she brought up David, mostly because she knew you were still in contact with him, even though you both knew that should be stopped immediately.