Exploring

"Did you know that this is one of the most unexplored places?" I asked. "Rumors say that it holds some magic and there are several legends, theories and rumors about it." "If it's unexplored, than we're probably never getting out of here." June said. "Don't say that! We're getting out, no matter what." I said. June didn't believe me. I saw a shadow in the trees. "Can you see that?" I asked her. "What?" She asked. I went into the trees. June followed. "We have to stay close to that area, remember?" She asked. "Squint, you can see it." I said. June squinted. She also saw something. It came closer and closer until we saw what it, or she, was. It was a human! She had long hair that was tied up into 2 ponytails. She had golden hair. She looked to be about 10-years-old. She was wearing a thick jacket with fancy boots and socks. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm lost." She said. "I wanted to go fishing, but the waves carried my boat, along with me, and then I crashed here. My boat broke. What are you doing here?" She asked. "We were in her house and we fell through a portal." I said, pointing at June when I said 'her.' "What's your name?" June asked the girl. "Susan." She said. "What's yours?" "Kate and June." I said. "I'm Kate." "Cool." Said Susan. "How long have you been here?" Asked June. "Came yesterday." She said. I saw some logs, sticks and huge leaves. "Maybe we can make a fireplace." I said, "How?" Susan asked. I ignored her and picked up a few of the supplies. I went back to the area with no trees in the way.