A Bit of Fun

I took the sharp stick and hit a coconut as hard as I could. Coconut juice! It dripped out. The stick almost broke. But, there were 2 halves of the coconut. Then I hit the other coconut. The same happened. Except, the stick broke. I dipped them in the water. There were 4 bowls of water. I gave one to Susan and June. I also put one on the ground for Courtsy and I had one too. After we finished, we were going back. "Lets take these with us, if we get thirsty again." I said. We walked back to our camping area. As I crawled into the tent, I was starting to get a bit sick of this place. I felt like "The Fearsome Forest" wasn't fearsome at all. There were no skeletons like in the stories, not as dark as it was said to be and none of us were lost! Wait a second... Sorry, a minute. Maybe the people who were missing a while ago, just like us, were lost, but having adventures like us? I stopped to think about it. Nothing like spooky skeletons, moaning zombies and other scary things exist in this world. Just think about it. We were having normal hiking experiences, so they probably had them too! They might have lived their lives in this forest, this huge, thick forest. It has all the necessary things to survive. Food, water and maybe shelter. I thought some more. Just then, June spoke up while waving her hand in front of my face. "Hello, Kate? Are you there?" She said. "Oh yeah! Sorry about that, I was just thinking." I said. "About what?" Susan asked. I looked at both of them. Then I told them everything. "You have a point..." She said after listening to me carefully. "But is it true?" June asked. I didn't know what to say. After a few moments, I finally spoke. "I made you a promise, June, that we will go home no matter what and I'm gonna keep that promise." I said, confidently. They looked at each other and back to me. They nodded. Courtsy did too. I looked at my watch.12:28We had to go home. I imagined how worried June's parents were. I thought that once we were at June's home, I would make an excuse: We were playing outside and made a new friend. I thought that would work.