The Mysterious Portal

I love cookies, so I ate like... 5 cookies? I didn't count. After June ate her 4th cookie, we went back into her room.11:13 "It's already 11:13." I said. "What should we do?" "I think it's supposed to snow today." She said. "Oh yeah." I said. I looked out from one of her windows. There were tiny snowflakes. "Ooh, I know! We can read a book." June said. She took out a book. LIFE IN THE COSMOSI love that one! June started reading while I looked out a window. The snow was piling up. Then, I saw flashing lights right behind the cabinet, where our secret hideout was. "Okay, it's your turn to read now." Said June. "Just a minute." I said, walking to the cabinet. I pressed the button. It opened. I saw... A portal! I've read about them before, but I didn't think that they exist! The portal sucked us right in! I pressed the button at the last moment so June's parents couldn't find out our secret. "What's going on!?" June yelled. I couldn't hear her properly. "My magic might have slipped out of control again!" I yelled, so she could hear me. "And before you ask how I knew that a portal was here, the answer is that I saw some flashing lights! Let's just focus on staying safe." I was lying on my back on the storm-ish wind beneath me.