CHAPTER FOUR

"Frecklekit!" She yowled pouncing on top of him, they both went rolling together in the grass, stopping. Spottedkit was pinning him down. Frecklekit's eyes were wide and anxious, "what- what in starclan are you doing?"
Spottedkit got off him, eyeing him funny. "Nothing, just seeing if you're okay?"
He sighed, getting up then sitting back down. Flank to flank, their fur brushing together. "Of course, I'm not! Cloudfern is gone..." he sobbed.
"Mother always says they're in starclan and watching over you! So cloudfern would be watching you!" She smiled, Frecklekit's expression changed looking up at her.
"Really?" He meowed, Spottedkit giggled.
"Of course! You're her son after all!"
Frecklekit smiled, he frowned. Pinning her down playfully, Spottedkit smiled, pushing him off, as they both ran around the camp trying to tag each other. Frecklekit raced up to her, pouncing on her murmuring "you're the mouse now!"
He got up racing away, purring she watched him race off. Time slowed down as if she was falling asleep, but larksong stepped in front of her making her flinch with a screech.
"Shush!" She growled, looking down at her. "Frecklekit will be sleeping with us tonight." she meowed, Frecklekit walked to them looking up at her mother. "Hello, larksong!" He smiled.
Larksong's gaze softened looking down at him, her muzzle touching his. "Well hello, my young warrior! Did Spottedkit tell you?"
"No?" He shrugged with confusion.
"You'll be sleeping with us tonight!" She purred with joy, and she eyed Spottedkit. "Of course, she didn't tell you." she muttered.
Spottedkit overheard her, eyes watering. She slowly drifted to sleep in their bedding, her mother's warmth collided her with comfort. Frecklekit slept beside her, she could smell his mouse breath. Making her shiver, she cringed looking the other way. Closing her eyes again, a voice whispered beside her. "Are you awake?"
Opening them again, she saw Frecklekit's eyes opened wide with anxiety. "Yes," after replying, Frecklekit moved closer to her, his heart beating faster than a Rabbit.
"I can't sleep..." he murmured, Spottedkit blinked looking at the brown freckled kit. Her eyes softened for him and made her guilty. He was missing his mother, she muzzled his forehead. "I miss cloudfern so much, this isn't the same..." he whispered with a sob.
"I know, but you can't be sad about her for moons... she won't be back anytime soon, she'll be watching you, and she wants to watch you grow and move on with life."
Frecklekit blinked at her, his tears watering away. He smiled, nuzzling her back. Nose to nose, she could feel his whiskers on her fur. it tickled, making them giggle. Closing her eyes again, the whole world went black.

The sun rose slowly, making Frecklekit and Spottedkit race out of the den. As Spottedkit ran, she turned back to her friend. Watching him grow slower and slower, she giggled thinking she had lost him.
But she had been stopped by crashing into another cat, looking up she gazed at ravenpaw. "Ah, I was trying to find you!"
Spottedkit smiled looking up at the Tom, "sorry. frecklekot and i were racing!" Ravenpaw purred, he flicked his tail to the medicine den. He padded along, Frecklekit raced to Spottedkits side making them stop.
"Yeah, and we aren't finished!"  She could sense jealousy, he frowned with a tiny hiss. Ravenpaw turned to him, blinking in confusion.
"I'm going to help her eye?" He walked off not listening to what he had to meow back, Spottedkit followed from behind. As they entered the den, a strong smell of herbs hit her nose and eyes, screwing up her eyes. Tearing up, Frecklekit didn't follow.
Sitting down, ravenpaw took a herb from the storage. Walking over to her, taking a look at her eye. "Seems fine," he meowed taking the protection off.
He grabbed the herb he took out before, "this might sting." He held her head, she screwed her eyes together, squeezing the juice of the herbs on her eye.
Stinging, she flinched instantly. Looking at him, he purred. "Done." he smiled, putting the herb in the herb stock.
Spottedkit stood up, her paws felt heavy suddenly. Gazing towards the Tom, "t-thank you..." she muttered, the Tom looked over at her. His eyes softened, deep blue eyes glimmered in the sun that came through the den.
"No worries little one, come anytime something is wrong!" Spottedkit looked behind her shoulder padding out, her heartbeat hard in her chest. But she flinched seeing Frecklekit in front of her.
"You scared me!" she gasped from the air. Frecklekit eyed her curious, blinking in silence she murmured "what?"
"You like the medicine cat!" He yowled, every cat staring at her. Eyes widened with anxiety she sighed, looking to him.
"I don't, we're just clanmates." Padding off, Frecklekit stopped her.
"Why are you walking away then?" He asked, wary.
"Because I'm hungry, why are you so judgemental about it?" She asked, he stopped looking at her. He sat down his fur laid flat, his eyes full of tears.
"Because I'm jealous!" He cried, she looked at him. One of her eyebrows lowered, looking confused at him. He sighed, "you always hang around with him. And not me!"
"Of course, I hang around with him, but that doesn't mean I don't think of you as not my best friend." His eyes glimmered with sadness he muzzled her.
"I feel bad." he murmured.