Chapter 25

It was the longest dry spell that Brian and Jacki had been through since Tampa. It had been almost two weeks since Kelli dropped in on their Christmas festivities with her news. Brian was sticking to his word about finding out if Kelli was truly pregnant. He drove her to the office of Dr Frank, a close friend of Murr's and sometimes guest on Impractical Jokers. He didn't care if Dr Frank wasn't an OBGYN, he needed someone he trusted to do the exam and blood work.

Not wanting to risk anything, Brian drove Kelli to the clinic himself. Jacki came, at his request. He didn't want to keep her in the dark about anything. When they got to the clinic, Brian kept a close eye on Kelli, not wanting to give her any opportunity to try some kind of trick and entrap him. He didn't trust her, at all.

"Miss Wilson?" A nurse stood at the doorway. The whole group got up and went in the direction of the young woman wearing scrubs. They followed her down the hall, passed the exam rooms and to a door with Dr Frank's name on the outside. The nurse knocked and then showed them in.

"Hey, Brian," Dr Frank gave Brian as warm a greeting as he could, given the circumstances. Brian watched as Dr Frank took a blood sample from Katie's arm. She was then instructed to dispense urine into a cup using Dr Frank's private restroom. A few minutes later Katie emerged from the restroom. The nurse took the sample cup and left the office.

No one said anything while they waited. Brian was sitting next to Jacki, holding her hand. He wanted this to be lies. He wanted Kelli out of his life. He wanted to show Jacki the houses he had been looking at. He wanted to have a normal life with this woman who had completely taking his heart.

The nurse came in about ten minutes after she had left and handed Dr Frank a piece of paper, then left the room again. Brian tried to read Dr Frank's face, but couldn't; he made a mental note to not invite the doctor to poker night. After Dr Frank read the paper, he looked at Brian.

"She is pregnant."

"Okay."

"Roll up your sleeve, Brian. I'm gonna draw your blood."

Brian did as he was instructed. When Dr Frank was beside him there was a hushed conversation between them.

"I'm going to need you to write down the date of your last encounter with her. I'm going to do a paternity test, but you know me, I'll cover your ass as much as I can."

"October 10th. The last time we did it."

"No condoms?"

"Not every single time."

"When were the other times you did things with her?"

"Pretty much all September."

"Okay, I'll do what I can."

Dr Frank finished getting the blood sample and dismissed the group.

"I'll call when we have the results."

Brian kept holding Jacki's hand until they reached his car. He didn't look at Kelli at all. He wanted to be done with the whole thing. This was really interfering with his relationship with Jacki. He was pissed, at himself and at Kelli, but mostly at himself. His carelessness could cost him everything.

After Kelli was dropped off at her apartment, Brian silently drove back to Staten Island. He was lost in thought about what his future might hold. He drove them to a park and they took a walk.

"Jacki, if that baby is mine that won't change how I feel about you. I want you to know that."

"Brian, I never thought that your feelings would change. Maybe some priorities, but not what we have. I love you, and I want to be with you. No matter what, I'm not going anywhere."

He stopped and turned to her, "You're sure? Because I've had girls say that before..."

She nearly glared at him so he shut up.

"I am not one of those girls. I'm a woman. And I'm a woman who knows to not bail when things get hard. I chose you months ago, and I still choose you. I'm scared, I don't expect life to be perfect, and I'm not intimidated by Kelli. I love you, Brian Quinn, and you're stuck with me."

He pressed his lips to hers and wrapped his arms around her. A breeze of cold air blew around them, but they didn't move.

"I love you, Jacki. I've been trying to figure out how to say this for weeks but uh, I guess I can't figure out what to say. I uh, I want you to treat my house like its yours. And, in fact, I was thinking about us finding something a little bigger. A place that we both like and can really start fresh there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you know its gonna have to be on Staten Island, cause I'm never leaving this place."

Suddenly, Brian was having an overwhelming feeling of hope. He wanted to do something that he hadn't considered doing in years. But he needed to wait until the paternity test was done. In the mean time he was ready to start house hunting with Jacki.

And houses hunting is what they did for the next few days. It kept both of them distracted and even hopeful that things would be okay, and they would find a new normal. And while Jacki was looking over interiors, Brian began looking through different websites, ones with small pieces that represented big things. And it was while he was pricing one of these pieces that his phone rang with an income call from Dr Frank.

"Dr Frank?"

"Hey, buddy, good news, you're not the father."

"Woo! Thank you, man! Thank you!"

Brian hung up the phone and ran to Jacki, who was standing up from where she'd been laying in the sofa. He picked her up and kissed her. He pulled her shirt off and started kissing down her neck and into her cleavage. Then he got on his knees and pulled her yoga pants down as he kissed her from her stomach to the warm and wet place between her legs. He put one of her legs over his shoulder and began licking her clit. Then, when she was very wet, he stood back up and took his pants off. He pulled her left leg to his waist and put his hard cock inside her. She held on to the back of the sofa as he thrusted into her. Everything felt so perfect as he fucked the woman he loved.

He pulled himself out and they both discarded the last of their clothing. Then they hurried up to the bedroom where Brian laid on the bed and Jacki climbed on top of him, carefully inserting his hard penis inside her. He grabbed her breasts and fondled them as she rode him. All he wanted was this for the rest of his life. He made sure that he held off until she climaxed and then he finished inside her. The moans from both had been loud, to the point he wondered if their neighbors would hear.

"Holy fuck, babe, that was awesome."

He kissed her some more and held her in his arms. This was his future, this was the woman he wanted to marry.