chapter-3

Ashwin was very sweaty after the morning jog. Stretching both his arms because of fatigue due to strenuous exercise, he walked towards his apartment and reached his floor to see his neighbour Sivaangi singing,

"Enna vena nadakkatum
na sandhosama irupen
Usuru iruku vera enna venum
Ullasama irupen la la la la la la.."

while standing infront of the door of her house, her warm black eyes looking forlorn.

"Wow Sivaangi, do you have superman eyes? Laser beam a apdiye kannula vittu door a unlock panna poriya?" Ashwin asked innocently.

"Nethu Powerpuff girl iniku superman a? Cartoon kid!" Sivaangi huffed looking at his jogging attire.

"Chennai veyil la morning 11 ku evanachum jogging povana? Sivaangi asked.

"Adhulam 7 kae jogging mudinjudhu. I just treated myself a delicious breakfast on my way, stop replying to my questions with your question. Enna pannitu iruka?" Ashwin asked in a strict tone.

"Hmm, I just left the keys and wallet in my friend's house. She left to her relative's house. Evening dhan keys kedaikum," Sivaangi replied sadly.

"Super. Enjoy your day," Ashwin said unlocking his door and collected the newspaper lying infront of his door.

"Ashwin! Can I wait until my friend comes back. She said she'd be here by 5pm," Sivaangi asked him hoping for a positive response.

"Evlo neram venum naalum wait pannu ma. Why are you asking me?" Ashwin asked with a confused look.

"Aiyoo kadavule! Kastam kastam! Romba kastam!" Sivaangi exhaled trying hard not to call him stupid.

"Ashwin, I asked can I wait at your house?" Sivaangi explained patiently.

"No."

Sivaangi's brows furrowed at his blunt response. "See, don't just answer immediately. Think about it."

Ashwin waited for a few moments until he spoke again, "No!"

"How rude!" Sivaangi muttered under her breathe, nevertheless she have to politely ask him again.

"Please, I have no other place to go. Pretty please," Sivaangi made a puppy face this time hope that melts the hulk man's heart.

"Why should I let you in?" Ashwin asked after thinking for awhile.

"Kindness and peace. See you have to be friendly with your neighbours right?" Sivaangi asked.

"Oh apdi. Madam late night lam en calling bell press pannitu odurapo therilaiya indha kindness and peace?" Ashwin's question made Sivaangi bit her tongue and looked downcast on being caught.

"Even you slammed your door just to disturb my peaceful afternoon nap!" Sivaangi asked back making Ashwin to walk inside this house.

"Stop stop, seri rendukum seri a pochu. Peace?" Sivaangi extended her hands expecting a handshake, "I will follow you on Instagram too. Let me in?"

"Nobody cares about your Instagram now." Ashwin cut her in.

Ashwin looked at Sivaangi, dressed in a white floral top with black jeans, bare-faced with no make-up the girl looked beautiful to his eyes. More than her appearance, Ashwin found himself falling for her big doe-eyes which twinkled with mischievousness and her dimple smile which created a combo of an exquisite beauty.

Well, it's not everyday that a pretty girl comes to your apartment, Ashwin thought.

"Fine, get in," Ashwin said a little grumpy though his heart welcomed her long back.