chapter-4

Sivaangi cleaned her entire house all the while thinking about the handsome man living next door whom she pranked yesterday.

"Tension party dhan. But nice man!" She said smiling to herself.

"Morning la irundhe ghee smell semaiya varudhey! Enna samayal nu therilaiye," she rubbed her stomach which was asking for food since an hour due to her heavy work. She washed the floor, dusted the shelves and replaced all the mats. Soon the house was speckling clean.

"Zomato la edhachum dessert order poduvom," she took her phone and plopped on the sofa.

Soon there was a ring on the front door. She opened it to reveal the handsome neighbor, Ashwin.

"Here, take this. Idhuku per dhan Jamun. This is how a real one tastes like!" He said placing a bowl of freshly made Jamuns.

"This is laddoos. Taste these too!" He said with a proud smirk adoring his lips.

"Na ketana? Sweet senju kudunga nu!" Sivaangi said angrily and shoved them towards him.

"Nadikadha ma! Morning la irundhu 15 minutes oru time window vazhiya en kitchen side a eti paathutu irundha!" Ashwin stopped inside her house casually.

"Wow! You have a really untidy house! Ivlo kuppai ku naduvula Raja vaazhkai pola" Ashwin said as he took in the sight of her house.

"Ashwineyyyy! Morning la irundhu clean panniruken! Ipdi soldra!" Sivaangi sulked and inspected her house, "evlo clean a iruku! En kanne patrum pola!" She exclaimed.

Ashwin chuckled hearing her story of cleaning. "Seri, whatever! You have to taste my sweets!"

"Enna order lam pandra? Why should I even eat them?" Sivaangi asked leaning on her door.

"Look, I can't let you think that the ones you made were really good. As a sous chef, I can't let that happen!" Ashwin declared.

"I don't care. Take your sweets and go-" Ashwin immediately popped one of those jamuns into her mouth, making use of her momentary lapse of judgement.

"Taste and decide," Ashwin grinned and placed a laddoo on her hand.

Both the sweets, were so delicious and tasty. They melted the moment they touched her tongue.

"It's actually delicious!" Sivaangi gushed.

"Ofcourse, not a surprise!" Ashwin said and plopped himself on the sofa.

So, where do you work at?" Sivaangi asked curiously.

He must definitely work at a star hotel for his culinary skills. This guy is really so talented and good looking too, she thought.

"I'm actually trying to become an actor. I'm a model too," Ashwin said observing her face expecting a surprised look.

"You actually look like a model! So you're one already!" Sivaangi said settling herself comfortable in the sofa next to time.

"Did you see, this is the first proper conversation between us!" Ashwin said with a genuine smile.

"You should smile more, I mean the genuine smile. You look good when you smile," Sivaangi said getting herself drown into his brown orbs.

"Someone is suddenly being so civilised. What's the matter?"

"Hmm, will you be my cooker?" Sivaangi asked.

"What?"

"I meant, will you cook for me? I don't know why a person who cooks is called a cook. I mean a person who talks is called a talker, adhe mari a person who walks is called walker..apo a person who cooks should be a cooker right?" Sivaangi asked, deep in thoughts like a scientist working out some paradox.

"Well, you do have a inquisitive mind there," Ashwin said looking at her right in face, "But it's just that like one who is stupid is called a stupid. One who is idiot is called a idiot."

She stood thinking for a few moments and inspected Ashwin up and down. "Oh, just like how one is ugly is called ugly!"

"Good comeback though!" Ashwin winked at her making Sivaangi's heart skip a beat.

"But I have a condition!" Ashwin said, "you have to win me over a cooking challenge. Let's make Laddoos. If your Laddoos are better than mine, I will cook your meal for free!"

"Aana, you are a sous chef right!" Sivaangi asked confused.

"I'm not a professional one here. But I will teach you. Judge vandhu second floor la iruka Shakeela ma va vechukalam!" Ashwin explained cheerfully.

"Seri, paathukalam. Challenge accepted!" Sivaangi shook her hands with him.

******************

So what do you think about this chapter?

Did you enjoy?

Comment your thoughts, so that I can improve my writing.

Thank you for your votes and comments.