chapter-7 (final chapter)

SIVAANGI POV:

      I stood there in disbelief.

     "But anna! Hmm, actually he ate mine," I trailed off not knowing how to process this further.

      "Really?" Rakshan anna was equally shocked, "He ate the jamuns you prepared?" To which I simply nodded.

       He stood in his place thinking deeply making faces.

       Infact, he had eaten my Jamuns the day he rescued my house from burning down. He had eaten a dozen of my horrible jamuns just a few minutes ago.

        "Thangam! I guess you are so special to him then!" He said winking at me, "Enna nadakkudhu rendu perukum naduvula?" He teased me.

        "Anney!" I whined. A warm feeling spread over me. This guy had eaten my horrible jamuns even though he hated them that much.

       "Anney!" I called him, unsure how to ask this question to someone who treats me as his own sister.

        "Enna thangam?"

         "Avaruku enna romba pidikum?" I asked.

         "Yaar thangam andha avaru?" He teased me.

        "Please anney! Sollunga!"

        "Hmm, he likes Rasamalai!" He said thoughtfully.

         "Thanks anney!" I hugged him and immediately ran towards my house to save myself from further teasing.

         Didn't he say he was going to be back within few hours. I was going to make him Rasamalai until he got sick of them. With new found happiness I opened the YouTube to look for the recipe.

         I paced in the corridor restlessly not knowing how to express my feelings to him. Wait! Why should I confess first? Shouldn't he be the one confessing first? No Sivaangi. No stereotypes! First sweet kudupom. Apram andha flow la pesuvom. I decided and knocked his door.

       "Come in!" I heard more than one voice. Confused, I opened the door to see the twin daughters, Tara and Tanya of Uncle Venkatesh, our apartment secretary. Mrs. Venkatesh was kani akka's aunt. So her children were his cousins, obviously.

      "Ashwin mama! Please mama!" The girls were requesting him, who was sitting infront of his stupid playstation. He looked in my direction noticing the bowl in my hands.

        "Ennadhu ma?"

       "Hmmm, I just made Rasamalai!" I said, reminding myself not to utter anything else infront of the teenage girls.

        "Sivaangi akka! Neengalachum sollunga!" The girls immediate rushed to my side, after taking the bowl from my hands and placing them on his dinning table.

        "Enna aachu?" I asked both of them.

        "Our skipping ropes got stuck in the mango tree," they said, "mama dhan ivlo height a valandhu irukeengale, eduthutu thara sollunga ka!" They made puppy faces.

        "Mudiyadhu! Get it yourselves!" he said.

        "Help us! Ilana-"

        Ashwin cut their words asking, "Ilana enna?"

        Help us! Ilana we will tell Kani aththai that Sivaangi is your girlfriend," they said, as their face contorted into identical little grins, in annoying voices.

        "Do it. I don't care!" He said stoically.

       What the hell! That would cause so much trouble for me. Ofcourse I like him. But we didn't confess anything directly. Also, I didn't want to be the subject of anyone's gossips.