chapter-5

Sivaangi rubbed her eyes and looked at the wall clock- 6am. She again rubbed her eyes for a clear view. It's 6am again!

"Now who the hell is ringing my door bell at such an early hour?" She wondered and stood up from the bed.

Stretching both her arms, her eyes fell on the laptop lying dead on the other side of bed.

"Oh, pathi video laiye thoongiten o?"

Sivaangi had researched on the internet and watched many making videos of Laddoos the whole night.

"Varen varen!" She shouted and tied her hair in a bun and walked towards the main door.

"6 maniku oore thoongitu irukum! Ipo enna prechanai Ashwineyyyy!" She asked her neighbour who stood in front of her house. He was wearing a white tee with a black track pants, his hair wet from the morning shower.

"Ne thoongitu iruka nu sollu! Oore thoongudhu nu solladha!" Ashwin smirked.

"Seri nan dhn thoongitu iruken! Ipo enna prechanai?"

"Challenge panniye? Nyabagam ila?" Ashwin asked adjusting his forelocks.

"Oh that I forgot!" Sivaangi lied, "white shirt potta cook panna pora? Spill aagadha?" She asked him.

"Adhulam paathukalam. Go and get ready. 7 ku lam kitchen vandhiru," Ashwin continued his instructions as if they both were going to place a nuclear bomb.

"Read this, I have written the set of instructions to make Laddoos," Ashwin handed over a paper.

"Na 12th standard board exam ku kooda ipdi padichadhu ila," Sivaangi exhaled a deep breath and looked into the paper.

"Idhu enna? Add 100 cumin? 100gram of cumin a?" Sivaangi confusing looked at the guy who was engrossed in his playstation.

"100 cumin ma!" He repeated the same thing stressing the number.

"Don't tell me I have to count before adding? Seriously! Ellame ipdi enni dhan poduveengala neenga?" Sivaangi sure knew this guy isn't a normal guy for the handsome looks he has got, but she didn't expect him to be an abnormal one in kitchen.

"Enna pa aalu neenga?" She asked keeping her hands over her head and sighed.

"Un aalu dhana?" Ashwin immediately replied winking at her, his eyes shining more with mischief.

To say Sivaangi was least affected with that wink would be biggest lie of the century. Did she hear it right? Was the guy infront of her is flirting with her? Not possible, she thought.

"Olunga thoongama hallucinate pandren!" She pinched herself and yelped in pain.

She shook her head and rubbed her eyes. Clapping her both hands, she jumped a little higher and drank some water.

Ashwin watched her antics with an amused smile.

"Enna ma pandra?"

"Thookka kalakkam lam edho thappu thappa kaadhula vizhudhu Ashwineyyyy! Adhn kudhichen adrenaline rush varum la."

"So you want adrenaline rush?" Ashwin asked making his way to the kitchen.

For some reason, Sivaangi felt bothered by his gaze. But she couldn't understand why her cheeks flushed red. Her palm turned pale and she found herself leaning against the kitchen slab.

"Ashwineyyyy! Cumin seeds?" She tried to break the eye contact that held her in place.

"Shhh!" Ashwin stopped her, asking her to place her fingers on her lips. He placed his one hand over the kitchen slab on her right.