Chapter 6

Sinking cities are lost, recorded in history and remembered for sinking down, breaking down, washing away the people who lived during the time the city sank. Nothing ever seems to take away the effects of that sunken city.

That sinking city is someone in your heart. The one person who manages to take control of your body and your mind, dragging you down into a pit of unknown pain and trauma that no one can expect, even on the worst day. 

You hear the music playing in your ear, the memorial music, never letting go of the one person who let you live your life so freely. Both of you were so similar and had so much love for one another that forgetting is worse than forgiving them for leaving. 

Sebastian was still positioned in the room allocated with the harpoon in his hand, and the second one on the ground just in case he needed to bring it to hand. She was still outside, her breathing so erratic it was unreal that anyone would be breathing that heavily like she was. If she did not control her breathing soon she would pass out from being so ill.

James had opened his door first to see what was happening when he caught her eyeliner, he recognised her eyes, he saw the thirst in her, he had seen those eyes before. Where? Shutting the door back again, it almost felt like a comedy sketch with them hiding behind the doors. Almost a pantomime, but no one was screaming 'their behind you' in their faces. 

I have seen her eyes before.

Open your door - JM

Okay - SM

Moran peeked his door open, his eyes casting onto her weakened body begging for something they did not know. It was irresistible staring at her, but he knew he needed to focus on her eyes. 

Why were they so familiar? 

I recognise them - SM 

Me too, where from? - JM

I think it's Aimee 

It can't be her, can it? 

"Aimee..." Moran whispered from the keyhole in the door. "Is that Aimee Moriarty?"

Someone's body slammed against his door, her breathing was erratic and heavy, arduous and pointless, she sounded as though she was dying.

"If this is just a prank then it's very funny, but you have come at the wrong time," Moran laughed, yet she was not laughing. She was not finding him very funny at all.

"No," one simple word stabbed Moran, he was wrong about her. How wrong could you be? Wanting to know for a fact if he was being fooled. "No."

She repeated what she had said, not knowing if he had heard her the first time around.

"Who are you?" Moran shouted through the door, he had his duties to keep Moriarty safe, and she was not exactly the safest person to be around. "Tell me who you are, and then we can help you."

"You cannot help me," her accent was very foreign, it sounded Spanish. She was a tanned woman, who had a slim figure, dark eyes, dark hair. Still, it was not Aimee, it could not be. 

"Well, we could put you out of your misery," Moran snapped, he hated it when people were so weak and they refused to have their help.

"Moran!"  James snapped at him from across the hall, which gave her the understanding that someone else was in there.

Dragging her body across the floor with her nails, her hair stuck to her back as she went. Moran saw she was naked and decided against letting her have herself on display to men, it seemed the wrong thing to do. Even though he was a criminal, he was far from being the type of man who looks at women naked when they cannot help it. 

There was a wardrobe inside of the room he was in containing clothes from women. All of them seemed so familiar to him that this felt like deja vu as if he was seeing someone all over again, but it was not the same. After sifting through the clothes, he found a long t-shirt dress. 

"Tell me, what is your name?" Moran spoke from inside of the room, he needed to know what she was called before he could help her.

"You sit in there with your harpoons, ready to plunge one into my skin. You think I am cruel and heartless," her breathing had to catch up with her before she was able to offer any more of her opinions. "My name is Camila."

"Look, Camila, we don't want to hurt you,"

"Then why are you holding weapons that you use to kill whales, I am human, but of a different kind to you,"

"I know," he opened his door, peeking it back gently to reveal his full body without any of the weapons in his hand. His feet edged toward her slowly, but she backed into the corner away from him. Still, she was unable to conceal her nakedness before him, her body shivering and trembling from the dampness her body was forced to reconcile with. 

Her eyes cast upon the soft, warm fluffy towel in his hand, the dress in his other hand. "You can have these, I will go back into that room while you dry yourself off and get changed." 

Going back into the room, he knew she would warm up to him at some point, especially to his charming nature. 

One thing he had noticed was how fresh her skin looked, like that of a newborn baby.  She was slim, she was healthy, her delicate eyes showed how she could be so fearless when less overwhelmed by the situation she was in. 

As she changed, she noticed that no one had said a word. If anything, she had half expected Moran's charming voice to pipe up and tell her to let him know when she was done.

There was nothing. 

"Hello," she called out, wondering if anyone was still there.

"Yes, I am here again," Moran spoke from inside the room, opening it wide so she could see he wasn't hiding anything from her.

"Why am I here? Is that what you wanted to ask me?" Moran just gave a nod, he was done talking, he needed answers. "I was sent by our new leader. After Aimee died, things changed. She was our leader. Beyond all that, she was our mother, sister and friend. Family. Then, another girl came, she calls herself 'The Whirlwind', no one calls themselves that unless they have something to hide."

"This new girl, what does she look like?" 

"In water, a devil. Out of the water, an angel, a dark angel that does no harm,"

"Do you know her real name?" 

"I heard her talking to herself the once, she perched herself on the secluded rock pools we have near the ocean. It is one of the only places we can go--"

Everyone's eyes turned to the front door of the house, it swung open and slammed, defying the odds of the hinges breaking loose. Moran ducked her down, coming on top of her to conceal her. Three men came into the house, looking, searching for something as if they had lost it. They manoeuvred themselves downstairs instead of up, giving them an opportunity to get out before it was too late for them to leave. 

Camilla scanned Moran's body, seeing the stitches on his arm. "That is the marking of her teeth,"

"Of whose?" James opened the door, ushering them inside of the bathroom, already having the window open. "Is this the marking of your new leader?"

"It is," the door shut closed, encacing them all inside. "Our leader, Aella Moriarty."