Chapter 12

We can choose to ignore the things that haunt us, the things that make our actions humane, or inhumane. We can live with guilt for some time before it wants to take away our pride and eat us alive. It diminishes us till we become like a rotten apple, eaten from the inside out. 

It is inescapable, our actions are inescapable for ages, until they just become so normal we escape them, and get used to them being there.

Aella was laying on the ground, her stomach bleeding out. Sherlock knew there was a chance she would be able to survive from a gunshot wound to the stomach, he knew she would listen to what they needed to tell her. 

James moved toward her, his hands were trembling in frustration with her, seeing her so weak after being so almighty and powerful. She had killed so many that he now knew of. Moran had appeared behind him without haste, feeling that song run through his veins so willingly. 

"Why can you not accept that I am just like you?" she was dragging her hands on the stone floor beneath her bareback. She was completely bare. Blood was coming over her skin gently, so innocently. 

"You are nothing like me," James looked her up and down, disgusted by the sight of her laughing at him. Laughing at how naive he was being. "Unless you think you can prove it to me."

"Oh, I can prove it to you, I want to play a game with you that you will never have played before,"

"What is it?" he was intrigued by her offering to play his games with him. "If it is not interesting, I do not want to know about it," 

He was mocking her, scoffing at her idea.

"Push me into the water," she asked him, looking so calm about the idea of her changing into a painful experience, adding to the pain in her stomach. "Just do it, and watch me, watch it happen."

Moran moved back next to Sherlock, he knew that Aella would become very volatile once she was in her new homeland. "I'm a warrior, James." Aella teased, seeing him getting prepared to push her in the water, yet he was unaware of her strength. 

Sebastian and Sherlock were the ones who knew what she was capable of. Aella took hold of the small boy's hands, gripping them tightly, knowing that she was going to take him with her.

"You disgust me," Mycroft said, knowing far better than to get closer, even if he was out of his mind in rage. "You are what we call the scum of the earth."

"You could have put that better, Mycroft. More like, the scum of the sea,"

"Say what you want." the older Holmes rolled his eyes, wiping his face with his hand,  massaging his forehead, leaving small pieces of skin on his head from rubbing it too harshly. 

You should not touch her - SM

James pulled out his phone seeing Moran's message. He refused to look at him, knowing how it would have given it all away to Aella that he was being helped in his decision. She would have refused. 

Why? - JM

As soon as you touch her, she bites

As soon as she enters the water, she will grab you

Bring you down and drown you 

I saw it with Camilla

Then I shoot her

Be okay with it - JM

I would do it myself - SM

"I'm proud of you, Moran," James looked to Sebastian, smiling a genuine smile across his face, he was proud of how he come along. "Just keep it up."