Chapter 14

Camilla had led Sherlock down to the back of the ship where they would keep some of the cargo, such as the fish and price caught on the evenings. It was a large ship, so the hiding places were endless.

"You know, when I was younger, I used to hide from the people I was related to," Camilla spoke first, not wanting Sherlock to feel uncomfortable with feeling weak. He was weak to actually consider following her.

"Why?" 

"You know why, you are the detective," 

Ruffling his hair, he looked at her, trying to deduce whether or not he was able to. Her tough exterior was one he was struggling to get past. 

"It's hard," he smiled, trying to comfort himself through the direct movements of his lips. 

"That's the point of us being so strong, you were able to deduce Aella, weren't you?" she spoke so quietly, so delicately to him, making him go into a sense of security. Not that he needed it. 

"You were bullied as a child for standing out as different, you could never get away from your family and your friends. As a young girl, it is hard to get away on your own, you could be violated if seen on your own. You grew stronger on your own because you didn't have a choice. Now you do, you choose to use the strength you have manifested over the course of your life for the better, rather than the natural instinct your family use. I applaud you for that,"

"You're not much different." 

They offered each other a gentle smile, soon disappearing as they sat in the cold, listening to the anger and frustration outside. Not only from those aboard but the anger and frustration of the water lashing against the sides of the boat. 

Just outside, James was inside of the bed area where all the food was kept, searching for something he believed to have lost. His gun. Without it, he could do nothing, and Moran was nowhere to be seen to offer any sort of weaponry for him to take. With all of the harpoons missing, his own fist would be rendered useless against these things. 

Looking into one of the cupboards that were locked, he used the keys he had been given, unlocking the cupboard door to find a stash of cash and illegal weapons, some that he had not seen since the older ages. 

Taking out a heavy metal sheath encompassing a very brutal weapon, he pulled out the weapon from its cover, looking at the filigree handles, and the beautiful width of the blade, balancing perfectly on his finger. Beautiful craftsmanship made by an old blacksmith. 

"Stunning," he whispered to himself. By the door, he heard footsteps, making him lock the cupboard shut, wielding the weapon in front of him as a defence. 

Gently, the door opened, little bits at a time. Revealing who was behind the opening of the door. 

"Open the door!" Moriarty shouted, pushing the weapon forward as someone came forth. 

"My goodness. What the hell are you doing with that? Where did you get that? Why? I don't even," 

"Of course it's you," Moriarty rolled his eyes, putting the sword back in its sheath. "Have you seen Sherlock? Someone busted the door off of its hinges on the helm, no one is there,"

"Yes, there is, I just walked past and someone was singing inside of it,"

"What were they singing?"

"Some sea shanty. It's a man. So far, we have only encountered female sirens, we should be fine. Right?" 

"Right."  

James pushed past Moran who was shouting as he left, wanting to know where he could get himself one of the weapons he had seen him using, but no response was given. The rain had drenched Moran's hair completely, dripping down the back of his neck and forehead. Yet, he could not feel the feeling of the cold water going down his back. He was far too used to the rain whipping him across the neck for the last few hours or more. 

Moriarty knew he needed to get to the helm, but something told him he needed to keep at a very good distance from whoever was in there. After all the research he had done on them, he knew that they were strong, they were brave and fearless. They rose to the occasion, even when knowing that death would meet them. But, fear was not something they ever really felt, unless they were different. 

At the front of the ship, he saw a row of bodies laid out, row upon row. They were people James had seen before, but where? And how did all the sailors working around the clock not notice they were there?

Coming forward, one of the sailors approached Moriarty. His eyes were sunken, they were tired, and they had seen something completely out of the ordinary. They spoke of a terror, of a person, of someone who had made him scared of living. A large gash widened out on his forehead from being sacked across the head with something metal, it would be bleeding profusely if it wasn't for the rain washing away any evidence. 

"What is wrong with you?" James asked, lacking any form of concern in his voice.

"I was hit across the head by one of them, I saw it, but I was permanently scaled, not a single human form. It had enough strength that it knocked me unconscious for the past hour. As soon as I woke up, we all saw the dead bodies on the front of the deck spelling out Mycroft. Using the backbones of the bodies to form the start of each letter. And then they used some sort of red paint to finish the letters of the bodies,"

"What? How do know?"

"One of the crew climbed the mast, they saw the spelling, rushed down to tell me,"

"Where is Mycroft?"

"No one knows." 

Moriarty ran to the back of the ship, grabbing a coat from the rack that was inside of the bed deck. Moran had gone again, and he needed Moran to help him find Mycroft. 

On the side of the boat, he saw Mycroft standing on the edge, but he was singing the song he had heard Aella and Aimee sing on many occasions. 

Leaving me in silence was all you ever did, You took me, tortured me and hunted me till dead,I saw everything you were doing until you looked at me, The blame was poured upon my rotting corpse,If only there was something that would make you feel remorse,Your weak point is everything I had to play with,You gave no incentive apart from the greed to kill,I enjoyed watching you play with the puzzles I left for you to discover,Was it when you found your first murder, that you uncovered you were mentally misunderstood,Blood spilled everywhere like a can of worms, The voice in your head rotting away your mind,For now, you can remember the guilt you have is mine,I thought the vast expanse was the perfect place for you,To hang, to cry and see what you had done to you,At one time you had never been so cruel, a heart of utter gold,Just a baby begging for your mom to cradle you in her arms,Now you wanted to jump and be done with the life you possess,Thinking about never coming back to the world you liked to rule,But, now you realise it had always been so cruel,All your men wanted nothing more than to see you die,They nibbled at your feet, tearing at your shoe,Until blood came pouring out since one had bitten you,You watched them lunge and cry in anger tearing at your skin,Ripping at your flesh with no remorse and any sign of upset,You wished you could stop feeling the way you did after Aella found out what you did,The blood was more pain than you could handle, she had made you weak and thin,Your bones were more like flavour for broth than the purpose they had once been

Then, he took his feet, using them to propel his body over the edge of the boat. Lost to the sea.