Chapter 15

Beeps....Thats all I hear. I hear the beeps of the heart machine I am connected to. I feel the needles and tubes in me. And I hear everything around me. Something is different though. I am not even in my body. I see Andy and Alex sitting next to my bed heads hung. I look at their eyes, all swollen and puffy  from crying.

"I just dont understand why she would try and kill herself. I honestly thought she was happy." Alex tells Andy.

"Man, I have no idea. She seemed happy. Maybe she was just good at hiding her true feelings. I mean I know thats shes sad about mom dying and dad leaving. I know shes happy I came back. I  was always there for her. She should have talked to us about how she was feeling. We are here for her no matter what." 

"I know your right. Maybe if I kept being persistant on asking her how she felt maybe she wouldnt be lying in a hospital bed in a coma."

"The doctor says that this shouldnt last longer then a week."

"Look at her heart monitor its moving so slow. I hope that she will make it I can bear losing her.Can I ask you something Andy?"

"Of course Alex, Whats up?"

"Well, I wanted to propose to her after she gets better and everything is taken care of. You're the only family that she has and I wanted to ask you. You were always like a brother to me. Your my bestfriend Andy and I'm happy your back. It was hell when you were gone. Yes we did talk and you stayed with my family. But seeing all that hurt and pain in Annabelles eyes. It killed me."

"Of course you can marry her man. Your the only one I trust her to be with. You have always been like a brother too me and you make my sister happy."

"Thank you Andy."

Wow Alex is going to propose to me? That is really unbelieveable. I was under the impression when I get over this stupid coma crap I thought he was going to leave me.I wandered around the hospital going from room to room. I seen a girl with a leg cast and her arm is broke I think I heard the doctor say something about a car accident. Im walking room to room looking at people when I start feeling something pull me back to reality. Am I finally waking up?