Chapter 20

Annie stood looking at herself in front of the mirror in the hotel room, she straightened out her crimson red velvet dress and pushed some long diamond earring's into her almost closed up pirecing- it was a while since she had put care into her appearance. She still wasn't sure this was a good idea, going out for a meal with Mikasa, the girl who she still very much had feelings for, could end in bad things but she couldn't resist accepting the invitation, her head tried to tell her it wasn't a good idea when the words fell out of Mikasa's mouth but the second she batted those grey eyes of hers all of those doubts got pushed back- Annie really was weak for that woman, she didn't understand how anyone couldn't be.

'Annie can I come in?' She heard Hitch's voice from outside of her room, before she could even answer back Hitch pushed open her door 'you're a bit too dressed up for tonight, we're just going out to a small restaurant'

She sighed in forgetfulness- she was meant to be having dinner with Hitch tonight.

'Oh uh' Annie thought of what to say, there was no way she was going to even mention to Hitch what she actually doing tonight. 'I forgot and made other plans, I'm so sorry'

'Wait. Have you met someone?' Hitch smiled widely walking over to Annie in excitement 'you have, haven't you?'

'I guess so..'

'I'm so happy for you!' Hitch squealed loudly resting her head on Annie's shoulder 'I knew you could do it! Wait, this is so exciting! Tell me all about her! No actually tell me after you've gone I want to hear every detail!'

'Mhm.'

'I'm so proud of you, this holiday is going to be great I can feel it, we need to go on double dates!'

'Don't get too excited.' Annie frowned, oh how Hitch would scream at her if she knew the truth.

'How can I not? You've been single for a while now, it's great you're putting yourself out there, so where are you going?'

'The expensive restaurant near the beach, the one that has a perfect view of the ocean'

'Ah thats so romantic! Why didn't you take me to places like that when we dated? I'm jealous'

'It was her idea, not mine'

'A girl of class, I love her already!'

'I think you're making this a bigger deal than it is.'

'Im just happy for you, it's a big step and not to mention you look stunning tonight, she is not going to be able to keep her hands off you.'

'I'm not sure thats exactly how its going to go'

'I'm going to leave you now so you can prepare yourself' Hitch's playful expression seemed to make Annie more nervous, she understood why Hitch seemed so excited but she couldn't bring herself to feel that same rush 'I am so jealous of you! You're going to be having a romantic night out while I eat at a bland burger place with Jean.'

'I'm sure you'll have fun'

'Probably' she sighed walking away 'but I want to hear all about it when you get back! Every detail!'

'Fine.'

Hitch shut the door behind her, Annie felt brimming with nerves, the fact that she had to lie to Hitch about who she was meeting tonight just consolidated that this wasn't the best idea. It was nearly eight pm, the time she was supposed to meet Mikasa, she took in a deep breath and picked up her bag- she wasn't ready but she was going to pretend like she was.

Approaching the restaurant she could feel her heart beating out of her chest, her eyes focused on the girl who stood outside waiting for her. Mikasa was wearing a dark green dress, the dark tones shaped her body, making her look like a tall seducing greek goddess, Annie hung her head low at the sight of her, once again she felt utterly stood up by her, there was no way she could ever compare to the beauty she held.