chapter 7

Strawberry Blonde

Strawberry Blonde

Jisung  stared  at  the  mirror  once  again.

He  looked  at  the  hair.  It  wasn't  enough.

He  needed  more.  He  needed  to  look  like  Naomi.  Jisung  looked  down  and  looked  at  his  stomach.

'I  need  to  lose  weight'

He  then  looked  at  his  eyes.  The  more  he  looked  at himself  the  more  disgusted  he  got.  His  eyes  weren't  normal.  Not  here  in  america.  He  remembered  how  the  kids  back  when  he  was  younger  made  fun  of  him  by  pulling  their  eyes  back.

He  remembered  how  the  would  tell  him  racial  slurs.  And  how  they  used  to  mock  his  accent.  And  how  they  would  hurt  him.  And  call  him  fat  because  of  his  chubby  cheeks.  And  how  they  would  threaten  to  hurt  him.

And  all  because  he's  korean.

And  he  hated  it  so  so  much.

He  wished  he  was  born  american.

Where  he  would  have  blue  normal  looking  eyes.  And  Blonde  hair.  And  whitest  skin  ever.  No  weird  accent.  No  racial  slurs  being  told  towards  him.

--
i  really  dont  know  if  this  chapter  is  okay

but  this  story  is  about  jisung  experiencing  different  things  like  racism  as  a  kid  when  he  first  moved  to  america,  experiencing  heartbreak,  and  things  like  that.  im  not  asian,  im  latina,  but  i  hope  this  chapter  is  alright.

as  a  person  who  is  poc  i  have  felt  this  way  before.  ive  been  called  some  racial  slurs  for  being  latina.  made  fun  of.  im  not  sure.  i  wrote  this  kind  of  the  way  i  felt  like  when  i  was  younger.

i  hope  this  chapter  is  alright