A Journey's Start

Luz P.O.V

I'm running through the woods needing to get away from the den. With Vee living there and Hunter also staying for a while on top of already having to live with Lucia, I'm going to rip someone's throat out.

Oh, I should introduce myself my names Luz, Luz Noceda. I live with my mother Camila, my eldest sister Lucia, adopted sister Vee and adopted brother Hunter who we are arranging to move into our den with us.

Luckily Lucia has been at the elk hunting grounds all morning so I haven't had to deal with her bugging me but I can't take Vee and Hunter's banter. Anyway we live in Boiling Stone National park, and me, Lucia and my mother are known as powerless wolves but me and Lucia know some magic.

Hunter is also powerless, but he can use his magic from his staff. Vee is a rare breed of wolf who gets her magic from eating other magic, but she only takes magic respectfully unlike her ancestors. For me and Lucia we use glyphs for ice, fire, light, plant and invisibility.

Anyway I'm running through the forest when I pick up a familiar sent, Blight. I stop in place when I've realized what I've done, I've ran onto Blight territory. The Blights are like the most famous wolves in Boiling Stone, they are strong, and scary.

Well sorta, my friends Edric, Emira and of course my amazing girlfriend Amity. I somewhat know Amity's oldest sister, Amelia, but she's almost always with Lucia and those two are scary. But back to the problem on hand I'm on another packs territory and I need to get off before a guard finds me.

I start to make my way off when I hear a low growling from behind me, I gulp know that I've now been caught by a guard and I'm most likely going to be killed. I drop my tail down between my legs and my ears drop as well.

"I-I'm sorry I was j-just leaving I didn't mean to w-wander on your territory!" I whimper out and drop my head next with my legs shaking. "How dare you!" the wolf growled out "How dare you ever, walk on OUR territory!"

I know I'm dead now, I hear the leaves crunching under the wolfs paws as she gets closer. I can't move I want to run but I'm frozen in fear, scared that this wolf is going to end me right here, right now. "How dare you come here and not say hello to your awesome girlfriend!"

I turn my head around and the wolf comes out of the shadows and there's Amity, sitting giving me a look. "Amity! You gave me a heart attack! Don't do that!" Amity just sits there and laughs "sorry sorry, but you should have seen your face!"

Amity hunches over herself laughing meanwhile I'm standing there waiting for my heart rate to slow down before I actually have a heart attack. Amity's still laughing as I'm calming down and not paying mind to me.

I turn around and walk over to her and wrap my jaws around her neck. "Ow! Luz! What was that for?" "That's for nearly giving me a heart attack" Amity wiggles out of my grip and trots around me "if you want to grab me you have to catch me!"

Amity runs off towards the fields and I sprint off after her. She's sprinting ahead of me and looks over her shoulder at me and sticks her tongue out at me and continues running with me not far behind. I'm getting close to her when I notice she's getting closer to me but her back is still facing me.

I'm still running and getting closer when I realize to late and she's sitting down and I crash into her. Amity tramples me right back and hides me in the grass "a notice would have been-" she shoves her paw on my muzzle and points to something.

I look up to see a wounded bull elk limping by, "I'm going to prove to my mother I can do this. Without my magic." Amity stands up slightly crouching in the grass "Am's that's not the best idea, you know how strong they are."

Amity just scoffs and continues nearing the elk "I'm going to prove to her that I'm not useless" Amity says this still nearing the elk "Amity, he'll see your purple fur" she stops and looks back over at me "he can't do much, he's limping."

Amity is practically ignoring me as this point "Amity, if your going to do this let me help" Amity looks over at me and nods. I stand up and get in the crouching position as well following Amity's lead. We follow the elk for a solid minute before he sees us and breaks out in a run with us not far behind.

"Luz, run to the side I'll get him from behind!" I run up to his side and the elk sees me and starts to move away right to Amity where she leaps and latches on from behind. Once she's on I leap on and grab him from the side.

I'm running along his side with my jaw getting tired and I notice Amity get's thrown off. I release myself from him and stop to take a breath when Amity bolts past me after him again and grabs on to the elk again but this time on his back leg and I follow after.

Soon the elk kicks her off again and turns around and bucks at her. Amity lowers herself and growls at him pacing in front of him and that gives me the idea to get his focus on me and I throw myself at him and before he can buck at me I get a hold of his throat and Amity get's ahold from underneath.

The elk makes a mistake of pulling away which causes a big gapping whole in his stomach and he topples over as I take the final hit and rip his throat out and watch as his eyes turn grey and he stops moving after a minute.

"Hahaha! Take that mother!" Amity throws her head back and lets out a long loud howl. "Well, am I allowed to eat?" I look over at her and she tilts her head at me "well your the leader of the hunt, you say when we eat."

"Oh, uh yeah go ahead" I stare down at the dead elk in front of us and lean down and shove my muzzle into the elks neck and pull out a pull out a chunk of meat getting blood all over my muzzle. I hold onto it and trot over to Amity and I sit down in front of her with it.

Amity looks over at me and tilts her head at me then is about to take a bite from the elk but I stop her and get in her face. "Yes, Luz?" I push myself closer to her and I lower myself so she can take a bite from the piece.

She grabs it from my mouth and I shove my muzzle back in and grab another chunk and lay down in the grass with it. "Mother, is going to actually acknowledge my existence." I look at her and just whine and push myself up next to her.

Amity looks over at me with blood on her muzzle and I wrap my tail around hers. "What?" I just look at her and grin "oh nothing, you just make me happy" I can feel her tail start to wag and her ears fold down.

"Stoop" she just whines out at me and covers her face with her paw. "Hey, come here" Amity leans her head down to me and I get up closer to her and lick the blood off her muzzle. Amity blushes and covers her face with both her paws and just whines.

"Hey bet you can't get me" Amity looks over at me and get's a challenging look in her eyes "lay out the rules" "no magic and your paws can't tag me on my tail" "okay fair, I'll give you a head start. Ten seconds."

I nod and jump up and sprint off and exactly ten seconds later I look over my shoulder and she's sprinting after me. I turn my focus in front of me and just keep running and not looking back knowing very well that Amity is fast and she'll catch me in no time.

I'm sprinting as fast as I can, my legs taking me as fast as I can go when I hear padding behind me and I look next to me and she's already caught up to me. Amity smirks at me then pounces at me and we go rolling through the grass.

We tumble through the grass and we end up landing with me on my back with her on top. "How do you always win?" Amity just laughs "well I'm not gonna be alpha for nothing" I look at her and just hold back a laugh.

"What's so funny?" "Welll, if anything, I'm the alpha." Amity just stares at me and flushes bright red and gets off me and just whines "aww is the big bad alpha flustered?" I playfully say this to her and to make her even more embarrassed I say this rolling around in the grass.

"Luz I swear to titan" She looks back over at me but I just flop my tongue out and she looks away again but wags her tail slightly. I sit up and trot over to her then sit behind her, "I know your behind me."

I just huff and wrap myself around her and hit her on the muzzle with my tail. "I can and will bite it Luz" "but you wouldn't" Amity turns her head to me and nips my muzzle "Oh your on for round two!" Amity stands up and I bolt off and after twenty seconds she's after me.