0.03

someone to you

someone to you

Max's pov // Mathews' Residence, no sleep

All I did was stare at that message from NYLover all night...'Everyone hates you. As if that wasn't already obvious. Why don't you do everyone a favor and go back to where you came from?'... I couldn't even think about sleep, fearing that all I would be able to see was that one message. Who is NYLover? I have a guess, but what if I'm wrong and it's someone I don't even know... My spiral ended when my alarm went off, signaling it was time to go to school...

...

Lucas's pov // Subway, next day

I hop on the subway frantically and see Maxine-- thank God--, headphones on and half asleep... Sitting next to her, I tap her on the shoulder.

"Hey," she says taking them off.

"Hey. Why didn't you answer my text this morning?"

She looks down. "My phone died..."

"It's ok. I was just worried."

"I'm sorry for making you worry."

"Maxine... it's ok."

"Ok..."

"Are you ok? You look exhausted."

"Yeah. I didn't get much sleep last night."

"How come?"

"Riley."

"What happened with Riley?" I ask her, worried.

"We got into a fight."

I'll talk to her," I say, determined.

Her eyes widen in fear. "No! Please, it'll only make it worse." She's almost desperate... what's going on?

"Ok... but if it gets worse, I'm gonna say something."

"Ok."

What a day so far...

...

...

a/n: I know it's short. I'm sorry! Next chapter will be longer, hopefully... I just have to rework things to be in Lucas's pov.