0.15

the bigger person

the bigger person

Lucas's pov // school

a/n: Riley's back, yay😬

Today is the day we go on our school trip to the Ski Lodge, which my Mr. Mathews is completely mortified by. Let's just say that Maxine's parents trip there could have been the end of them. But, thank God it wasn't or she wouldn't be here. Now for the longest bus ride of my life.

"I should have stopped Riley from pushing you off the bus," I say sadly.

"It's really ok, Lu." She says while hobbling through the entrance to the Ski Lodge. Thank God her Uncle Josh had a boot (a/n: temporary cast) that she could put on.

"No, it's not."

"I'm being the bigger person, Lucas. I will not let her ruin my happiness. Not again."

"Wow," I say, astounded.

"What?"

"I'm just proud of you."

"Oh." She then notices her uncle smiling like a crazy person at his phone. 

She says a quick goodbye to me, kissing me on the cheek and hobbling over to him.

The rest of the trip went by very fast and before I knew it the rest of that year went by in a blur. Riley was still Riley, but I stuck by Maxine with the rest of my friends and we got through it together, not alone...

...

...

a/n: You didn't think this was the end, did you?

Love, Mkay🦋