0.05

then i'm the moon

... then i'm the moon

Lucas's pov // Friar Residence, a week later

Locking my phone after my conversation with Zay, I get ready for my study date with Maxine

Locking my phone after my conversation with Zay, I get ready for my study date with Maxine. I don't know if I'm going to admit that this is a date or not, but I wouldn't be upset... I mean, it's only been a week. It has to be too soon, right? What am I saying? I knew right then and there in Topanga's-- the day I met her. How could I not feel something for her?... Once I change, I head straight for the cafe, meeting her there-- like we agreed.

Being the first to arrive, I stand up to greet her and smile. "Wow... You look beautiful.":

"Thank you

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." :

This makes me smile

This makes me smile. "Thank you."

"Of course, Lu..."

"So, let's see. We are studying what again?"

She cringes. "Algebra."

"Fun," I say sarcastically.

"My sentiments exactly," she agrees.

First, we go over the things we're struggling with then we move on to what we do know-- once the hard parts are over. Thirty minutes later, her mom brings us some snacks-- Peanut Butter M&m's-- and some water. We thank her and take a break for fifteen minutes...

"Tell me something."

"Like what?"

"Anything."

She pauses in thought. "Ok, um... I have an obsession with tiny things."

"Really," I ask, intrigued.

"Yes, really."

"Interesting."

"What about you?"

"I want to be a veterinarian..." (a/n: as you know, he never told Riley)

"Wow, that's amazing," she says in awe.

"Thank you. I've never told anyone that before."

"Not even Zay?"

"Not even Zay."

"I feel honored."

"You should. I feel like I've known you for a long time... Like you're my best friend. Is that weird?"

"That's not weird at all. I feel the same way."

I breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Ok, good. I was worried."

"What were you worried about?"

"I thought you were going to think I was crazy..."

She smiles. I love that smile. "Not at all."

"Good."

"Can I ask you something crazy?"

"Shoot," I say.

"Is this a date?"

"Do you want it to be?" Please say yes...

"I... I want it to be."

Thank God. "Then it's a date." Her face turns red at my statement.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Of course, Maxine."

"This is my first date."

"Mine too." Her face light up at that fact.

Her alarm goes off and we go right back to studying... Dinner time rolls around and I walk her up the stairs to her apartment building.

"Thank you for today."

"Of course, Ma'm," I say tipping my imaginary hat once again. I then kiss her on the cheek and we exchange goodbyes... She walks up the stairs as I make my way home-- which is just a few blocks from her.

"Lucas, is that you?"

"Yes, Mama."

"How was your date with Maxine?"

"Mama," I groan in embarrassment.

"A mother always knows."

We're now both in the kitchen. "It was really good... I know we were studying but I still had fun."

"Well, from what you've told me, she seems like a nice girl."

"She's the best."

"I can't wait to meet her..."

"I can't wait for you to meet her to."

After my talk with my mom, I head to my room to change into comfier clothes. Today was a good day and I can't wait to go on more dates with Maxine... I would quite literally do anything for her. And it might be too soon but I think I love her...

...

...

a/n: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I hope it was up to your standards and if you have any questions, just send me a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible... Please vote and comment! I love you all! 

Love, Mkay 🦋