The Start

To get over this stupid slump I'm in <3

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

"Please, father!" Felix begged incessantly, "I've never asked you for anything else- just please let me go.

Dad.

Please.

Please.

Please-"

A young Felix chased his dad around, asking for one thing.

University.

It isn't what most people his age has to beg for, in fact, it is the most common choice for many.

But to Felix, who has never been in a classroom full of students with a teacher at the front, it was something he imperatively wanted.

Sick of being tutored at home, suffocated by bodyguards, Felix oh so desperately wanted to attend higher education.

So he nagged and complained and nagged and complained until his father grew absolutely sick of him.

The older pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration as Felix grinned cheekily.

"Fine. But I choose where and you can't say no to any of my demands."

"Yes, yes and yes!" the younger nodded all too eagerly, hopping around the desk to hug his dad who sat defeated in his chair. But he didn't fail to return the hug, gently patting his son's head fondly.

"Come on then, we have a meeting to attend and then a university to find."

Iseul never hid Felix from the cruel life he led. Instead, he let his son decide whether he wanted anything to do with it at all, but when a bright-eyed, ten-year-old Felix asked him to teach him how to use a gun, he knew then that his son would follow in his footsteps.

That wasn't to say he did nothing to protect Felix from the syndicate life. No, he did everything in his power to preserve the ball of sunshine that was his son.

(However, it was slightly odd to watch him take his first kill and bounce around giddily, but Felix was his son none the less, and he was proud of him).

So maybe he did go overboard with homeschooling, and the five bodyguards that followed him day and night.

But he'd never regret it.

Even when Felix had knocked on his door, injured, bruised and bloody, scowling as he muttered something along the lines of an attempted kidnapping (the first of many). A situation he had gotten himself out of without the help of his appointed guards.

Truthfully, the younger was more than capable of protecting himself- Iseul had trained him himself, from close combating, to being able to differentiate odourless, colourless poisons. Therefore guards were useless to his young prodigy.

But better safe than sorry.

....................................

Felix was nervous.

This is what he wanted.

And at the start of it all, a fresher's party.

He would have rather preferred staying at home (another condition from his father- he wasn't allowed to stay in accommodation) than trying to make friends at a lame party with drunk and high teenagers who were all too happy to finally leave their parent's clutches.