6.Let the hunt begin

No one's pov:

y/n was walking down the forest when she heard the tree rustle. She turned around to see what caused it. But there was no one there. She frowned. It was the 4th task of hunter exam and they were all put down from the ship to the Zevill Island to hunt their target and bring their number plate. She looked at her target's plate number. "197, who could that be...". She thought. But another thing was bothering her. It was about the time she spoke last to killua.

Flashback:

"What number did you get? " y/n asked killua.

"65" killua said.

"I wonder who that is, well looks like we will be going separately, see you later then, good luck!"

Present time:

y/n never heard or see of anyone wearing 65 number. Why was killua lying to her? . Could it be that she is killua's target? And killua is lying to her to catch her of guard?. No, he wouldn't do that... right? . But it's better to be safe than sorry. She was assuring herself that she did the right thing by going separately. And the fact that killua didn't opposed when she suggested to go separately also made y/n think something was suspicious about him. All this time he was clinging onto her and was so protective over her, he also was saying not to ever leave him and stuffs like that this morning. She also wondered what that was about.

She shook her head in frustration. It's not the time to think about all those thing, it was time for her to concentrate. Maybe killua got a dangerous target and wanted to deal with it alone. Everyone was doing their own thing and Gon did it too. Cause he got Hisoka. Poor boy surely has a terrible luck.

y/n suddenly realized that after coming to hunter exam this is the first time she was all alone. Cause before that she either had Gon or Killua with her. But she has faith she can do it.

While she was lost in her thoughts she heard that rustling sound again, this time she was certain that she wasn't imagining things.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" she demanded.

"Finally, took you long enough. It was started to get boring. I didn't even use my zetsu and you still couldn't feel my presence. You are starting to disappoint me, little lamb"

y/n saw it was grittarackur, the robot like participant with ball headed pins on his distorted face. He caught y/n's eye since the first day cause of his weird attire. And for that reason she knew his plate number. It was 301. It wasn't her target.

"Why are you following me, am I your target?"

He looked at her then at her number plate. "Oh, now that you mention it, seems like you are"

y/n was surprised. He didn't know that? Then why was he following her then?

"It's a shame that I can't kill you, it would be easy if I could. It would be over in 5 minutes and I could sleep off the rest of the time. Now I have to get 4 other plates instead"

y/n was beyond confused, is he loose in the head or something?

"Why can't you kill me if I'm so easy then" y/n said even though she knew it will bring her danger.

"I have my reasons you see, you won't understand even if I tell you, and also what's the fun in that?".

"Then why are you following me?"

Illumi looked at her without even blinking. "I just wanted to see what's so special about you, and if you are even worthy".

"yyyep he is loose in the head" y/n thought. "hey I don't have spare time like you so, bye" she said before turning away from him. Suddenly she felt him gripping her hand so tight that she let out a whimper.