Chapter 15 Part Two

I head off the field and back into the holding area in anticipation for the last match before the finals.

I am pacing back and forth, formulating a plan, until I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say, still pacing.

"Y/n," Mina says walking in, followed by Kirishima, Uraraka, Jiro, Deku, and Momo.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Jiro asks, "You do this when you're nervous."

"I'm just thinking of a plan to fight Bakugo, but what do you mean I do this when I'm nervous? I pace on the ceiling when I'm nervous," I say, without looking up.

"Y/n, you are on the ceiling," Jiro says. Confused, I look up to behold everyone's heads upside down.

"Oh, so I am," I realize, dropping down to the floor and looking at everyone.

"You okay, man?" Kirishima asks, concerned.

"Yeah. Why, what's up?"

"You're nervous about Kacchan huh?" Deku asks.

"Yeah just a wee bit, but I've got a plan forming for both people depending on who wins," I lie, because in all reality I am terrified.

"Y/n you're up," someone says peering into the room,

"Oh, god this is nerve wracking. Imma go, see y'all when I win," I say with a confident smile that masks my nervousness and fear.

"Good luck," everyone says in unison as I head out the door and pick up a small jog to the arena, nerve filling my body with every step taken.

"...FROM CLASS ONE A, KATSUKI BAKUGO," Mic yells through the loudspeaker finishing up Bakugo's introduction. "AND ALSO FROM CLASS ONE A, HE'S A PERSONAL FAVORITE TO WIN THIS THING, THE BEAST HIMSELF, Y/N!"

"Let's dance, Boom Boom Boy," I jest to provoke Bakugo.

"BEGIN!" Mic yells, signaling the final fight of the festival.

The moment that Mic yells go, Bakugo starts an unexpected charge at me.

"DIE!" Bakugo yells. Before I have any chance at forming any kind of attack, Bakugo is upon me and I am enveloped in a mixture of orange and red from one of his explosions. The explosion turns to smoke and my vision is obstructed by a smokescreen for a bit before I hear Bakugo yell something else. My vision is once again shrouded in orange and red.

"I'm not going to be some kind of a punching bag. I need to get out of here, get behind him...but how?" I mutter to myself. I remember what Uraraka did to get behind Bakugo, and through doubts of it actually working a second time on him, I go for it. With smoke still blocking my vision all around me, I quickly tear my jacket off and wait for Bakugo's Voice again.

"I'M GOING TO WIN THIS, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" Bakugo shouts to god knows who, but with his voice getting closer, I can tell he's going in for another attack. I wait until his hand is close enough to practically be touching me. When I trade my spot with the jacket, like a matador, I only have a few moments before I drop and roll out of the way, making a break in the direction Bakugo's voice.

Hoping his voice wasn't near the out of bounds line, I run until I am out of smoke and look down to thankfully see that I am not out of bounds, but rather shirtless, completely forgetting that I did not have a shirt on when I took off my jacket.

"WHAT!? AFTER TAKING TWO EXPLOSIONS Y/N IS STILL STANDING, AND LOOKS UNAFFECTED!! HE'S ALSO...SHIRTLESS??" Mic says over the loudspeaker, confused.

"HEY WHAT KIND OF CHEAP CRAP IS THIS?" Bakugo yells from behind me. I turn to look at him and he is holding my jacket, now destroyed.

"Hey, it's not my fault your're stupid enough to fall for the same trick twice. If you noticed, I did the same thing as Uraraka," I say, sending Bakugo into a rage that causes him to start running at me.