Chapter 17 The internship with Mirko starts

Two days later we turn in our choices for the internships and wait tirelessly through the weekend, after what feels like an eternity Monday rolls around and we all head to School with our hero costumes before heading to the train station together.

Before we got on the trains heading to the cities and towns we would be doing our internships Aizawa told us that we were not allowed to wear our hero outfits in public. After that we started to say our goodbyes

"Hiroshima huh?" Deku asks While I was standing in line with him.

"Yeah, a little far for my liking but i'll manage, I mean I am going to be spending a week with the number 5 hero so I guess it makes up for it." I say smiling.

"Well It's still not bad, Iida is going to Hosu, and I'm off to Yamanashi, so hope this will be a fun week." Deku responds.

"I really do, I'm expecting my week to be jam packed so I am going to take any time I get off and cherish it." I say.

Deku and I end up parting ways for two different trains. I get on board my train and stare out the window as the station slowly leaves me before the train speeds up, taking me with it.

After a few minutes I feel my phone vibrate, I pull it out and in my hand it vibrates four more times. I have texts from Jiro, Mina Momo, and Uraraka all telling me bye and good luck. I get smart and start a group chat between the four people who just sent me a text as well as Deku and Iida and send a message.

Look I am a smart boy, See all of you by the weeks end, and good luck with your internships. I write, I send the text and start looking at reddit on my phone with nothing better to do, texting the rest of the way to Hiroshima.

After about 2 hours I make it to Hiroshima, I get off the train and start walking around having a general idea of where I need to head.

After about an hour of searching I finally find the Mirko hero agency.

I walk inside and am greeted by Mirko herself.

"Y/n, Nice to meet you!" She says.

"Hello, and it's nice to meet you as well." I say calmly.

"Ok go get your hero costume on and we can go on patrol, I can show you the ropes." She says smiling. I go to a restroom and change into my hero costume. When I come out Mirko takes the case it was in and quickly runs with it to her office before coming back.

"Are you ready?" Mirko asks when she comes back out.

"Ready when you are." I respond.

"All right then let's go." She says enthusiastically.

We head outside and we start heading in a direction with nowhere in mind.

"So tell me about yourself, starting with your hero name, I know your real one but I don't think it should be said out loud." Mirko says

"Oh well then, call me Man-beast." I say, smiling even though she can't tell under my mask. We walk around talking and I tell her more about me, and why I'm trying to be a hero.

"Well if you want to be a hero to save people and bring smiles to peoples faces then you need to be ready to help with any situation." Mirko says. "Plus, you can't let personal grudges get in the way of your better judgement, Anyone who does that, one should not call themselves a hero, and two If the feeling of wanting to settle a grudge gets in the way of better judgement, you may as well be a deadman walking. Grudges, if you can tell what i'm getting at, is something no hero can have, it just doesn't work."

"I've always seen grudges as something that just isn't needed in the world, I've had a few, but like haven't we all at some point, I don't know, I know grudges just aren't something you have but I feel like if you watched someone you care for die, and the person gets away, you are bound to have a grudge against them." I say secretly talking about myself.