Chapter 22 Day at the mall

Our day off comes and Mina and I get ready to head to the mall with everyone, we eat breakfast, and head out after I give myself a pat down to make sure I have everything, and we head out.

We make it to the mall earlier than alot of people, but when we get there Iida, Deku and Hagakure are already there.

After a little while everyone else started showing up, and before long everyone, other than Todoroki and Bakugo, were with us at the mall.

We all head further into the mall, and are looking around, for things we might possibly get.

Before we start breaking off into groups three guys get really excited, and bring up the sports festival as well, before moving on.

"I need to get some heavy duty boots, like hunting boots." I say to myself, as we continue walking along

"I was hoping to track down a new duffle bag." Jiro says.

"We could probably go together, what we need will most likely be in the same place." I reply.

"Sounds fun." she replies.

"Would you care if I went with you, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but I may be able to find it where you guys are going." Momo asks.

"I don't have a problem with it, Jiro do you?" I ask Jiro.

"No, I don't have a problem with it." Jiro says, a bit hesitant.

"Well then, that's settled, shall we get going?" I ask signaling towards a camping gear store I saw a while ago.

The three of us head off in that general direction.

We make it into the store and split up, all going for stuff we need or might want.

I head over to the back of the store and start looking at hunting boots before my eyes land on a pair of black boots that are my size.

I quickly try them on to make sure that they fit, and when I find out they do, I grab them and head over to Jiro, to see if I can find anything else I may need.

I make it over to Jiro, who has found a duffle, and is now looking for other things.

"Hey Earphone Jack, whatcha lookin for?" I ask playfully.

"I don't really know, just kinda lookin." she responds, just as playful.

"Hey have you guys found sunscreen or anything like that?" Momo asks as she rounds the corner into the aisle we are in.

"I don't know where it is, Do you Earphone?" I ask Jiro.

"No." Jiro says bluntly.

"Oh, ok well I will keep looking then, tell you if I find any." Momo responds, turning around and walking off to go find sunscreen.

"Hey, you ok, you went from a playful mood to a, well a not playful mood, why is that?" I ask, noticing some camo hats, and looking at them.

"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine." she responds.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I'm fine, she says, drawing a smile.

"Well that's good, I say, pulling her into a side hug.

My eyes then land on a hat, and I pull it out and try it on.

"What do you think?" I ask her.

"Looks cool, never really thought you were a camo guy, but it suits you." she says.

"Hey I have an idea, when we are done here, how about we go get Ice cream or something, just the two of us, it's been awhile since we have done that." I suggest.

"Yeah, that...that would be nice." she says.

We walk out of the aisle and see Momo at the front of the store waiting for us, so we buy our things and explain our plan to Momo, to which she is fine with, so we break off and Jiro and I go to get Ice cream.

"It's been awhile since we've done this, just the two of us." I say as we sit down.

"Yeah, it's kinda nice though." Jiro responds.

"It is." I say, pulling the Camo hat that I ended up buying, out of the bag that had my stuff in it, and putting it on. "Ya know, never thought I was a camo guy, let alone a hat guy."

After Jiro and I finish our frosted treats, My phone starts going off, and I answer.

"Hey, Y/n, could you come back to where we all split off, I'll explain it when you get here." I hear Uraraka say on the other end.

"Yeah, be there in a few." I reply, hanging up the phone.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jiro asks me.

"I have no clue, but Uraraka called me and asked me to start heading back to where we split off." I reply

We make it back to where we started the day and see the rest of class 1-A, as well as a handful of cops walking up to the class.

They explain to us that Shigaraki had threatened Deku before randomly disappearing.

The police take Deku for questioning, and we have to leave due to the mall being closed down.