Chapter 2. The sewer.

(Your pov)

Later that day Everyone except Stan was at our house getting supplies for the groups 'find Georgie mission'.

We were all raiding our kitchen for snacks at the moment.

"Take everything but the Delicious Deals guys, mom loves em." Eddie stated.

"Hey first you said the Barrens,  now you're saying the sewer, I mean...what if we get caught." Eddie questioned.

"W-we won't Ed's." Bill stated.
"The sewers are public works." I added.
"We're the public aren't we?" Bill asked.

"Hey, n/n! Come here." Richie called and I walked over to him by the sink. Richie was the only one who called me n/n, I liked it.

"Stay still." He instructed. Before I could protest he was sticking a bright red Bandaid on my cheek where all the scrapes from earlier were.

I laughed, looking in the decorative  mirror that was mounted on the wall.
"This looks ridiculous." I smiled.

"But doesn't your cheek feel better?" Richie asked a little smugly.
I made a small gap between my fingers, gesturing 'just a tiny bit.'

Richie smiled and I smiled back.

"Hey Eddie these your birth control pills?" Richie got distracted by the medicine cabinet again.
"Yeah and I'm saving it for your sister, this is private stuff!" Eddie yelled back and closed the cabinet.

"I could use them for your sis-" Richie started.
"DON'T Tozier!" I yelled. With a tiny smile I couldn't hide, I walked out of the kitchen, and as soon as my back was turned my cheeks lit up bright red.

I heard Bill and Richie giggling at the statement as Eddie yelled at Richie, going full protective brother mode.

I snuck around the back, while the boys went out the front because mom didn't like me hanging around a bunch of boys, she also couldn't see my busted lip or cheek, she would freak and for the cherry on top I wasn't wearing clothes she'd approve of.

I walked down the back steps towards my bike, I tried to push it toward the front of the house to meet the boys, but it wouldn't budge. I frowned and kept trying. It was stuck on a metal pipe for the watering system.

"Come on you piece of shit!" I whispered as I tried my best to get it to move.

Just as Richie came around the corner to see what was keeping me so long I lifted up the back tire which ripped the pipe and water began to spray everywhere.

I screamed, dropping the bike.
Richie just laughed. He walked over to the pipe, both of us already sort of soaked.
"I don't think becoming a handyman is the route for you." Richie smiled.

"Oh well there goes my plan." I sighed heavily, water dripping from my hair.

I watched through squinted eyes, trying to keep water out of my eyes as Richie reattached the pipe and the water stopped.

I sighed thankfully.
"Thanks." I smiled. "The bike was stuck, so I tried to pull it up but um....I broke it." I explained.

Richie pushed my bike down next to me, and brushed off his hands on his jeans.

He nodded. "You okay?" He asked me, looking at my cheek once more. It made me smile that he cared so much about something so small.