Chapter 4. Material girl.

(Your pov)

After we had finished at the pharmacy and saving the Ben Eddie and I rode our bikes back home.

"So you like Richie?" Eddie asked after the long and comfortable silence as you peddled down the road.

"WHAT NO!" I yelled quite loudly, being more defensive than I intended.
Eddie chuckled.

"I don't get it, he's so.....Richie." Eddie stated with a small chuckle.

I wanted to explain, defend Richie but instead I played it off, trying to act cool.

"There's nothing to get because I don't like him." I denied, although my bright pink cheeks told a different story.

"Well then there is no way you would be interested in this information but, I know that Richies parents are away for the next 3 days and I also know that mom is out and is only coming home at like 10:30." Eddie smiled at me.

My smile grew 100x bigger.
"I love you!" I exclaimed as I picked up speed and raced down the street.

"DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!" Eddie yelled as I raced past him and down Richies street.
"CANT MAKE ANY PROMISES EDS!" I yelled back.

"DON'T CALL ME EDS!" Eddie yelled back and shook his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood outside Richies house and leaned my bike on the side of the porch. I took a deep breath remembering our encounter earlier. I picked up a few pebbles and threw them at Richies window.

After about 2 minutes of trying he finally slid the window up.

"Hey there trashmouth." I smirked.
"What are you doing here hot stuff?" Richie asked, It was such a stupid nickname that he used on every other girl but it made me feel special.

I began to climb the tree next to his window as I had done so many times before.

"Well I was going to hang out with you because I'm sick of hearing about AIDS and listeria." I sighed as I sat on the tree branch leaning on Richies window frame. "That okay?" I asked with a smile.

"Uh-y-yeah that's-that's cool." Richie stated after breaking away from his trance of watching me climb the tree. I noticed his hair was wet and he smelled like coconut, I assumed he just showered.

I grabbed Richies hand and he helped me inside his room.

"What you listening to?" I asked as because he had paused the music he was listening to when I arrived.

"Oh no don't!-" Richie tried to stop me as I pressed play.

A huge smile broke onto my face as material girl by Madonna came on full volume.
Richie blushed in embarrassment.

"Madonna?" I asked trying my best not to laugh.
"Yes asshole, Madonna." Richie groaned.
I let out my laugh and I could barely stop.

Richie quickly stopped the song again with a grumpy face.

"So what do you want to do?" Richie asked, trying desperately to change the subject.

As I breathed heavily, trying to calm down.

"I'm kinda hungry, and I heard that back to the future was gonna be on tonight." I suggested.
"Yeah, okay and we've seen that movie like 100 times."
"And I'd watch it 100 more. I love that movie."

I grabbed Richies hand and sprinted down the stairs with him to the kitchen.

There was a long but comfortable silence while we made sandwiches.