Chapter Eleven

Savannah woke up the next morning to find Chris lying beside her in bed. She sat up, watching him sleep for a while, a mixture of emotions swirling within her. Despite their agreement not to sleep together, he had disregarded the rule. She traced her fingers lightly along his chest, lost in her thoughts. Placing her hand on his cheek, she gently brushed her thumb over his lips. He stirred, kissing her thumb before she withdrew her hand. Confusion and frustration filled her as she voiced her question.

"What are you doing here, Chris?" she asked, her voice tinged with a hint of frustration.

He sat up beside her, his expression earnest. "I wanted to sleep with you," he admitted.

Shaking her head, Savannah got out of bed and began to put on clothes. "No," she stated firmly. "You said we couldn't. It was your rule! You won't let me sleep in your bed. You won't kiss me. Get out, Chris."

He stood up, quickly putting on his pants. "I'm sorry, Savi," he replied, his voice filled with regret. "I said we could make it up as we went along. I wanted to sleep with you. Have you never thought about sleeping with me?"

"I never said I hadn't thought about it, Chris!" Savannah's frustration escalated. "I said you told me we couldn't! I feel like I'm nothing more than an object to you, something for you to use!" She crossed her arms, looking at him as he put on his shirt.

Chris shook his head, stepping closer to her. He placed his hands on the wall on either side of her, trying to connect with her. "No, that isn't true at all, Savi. I want you."

Savannah, still caught in her emotions, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer as she leaned against the wall. He reluctantly placed his hands on the wall, trying to maintain some distance. "Then kiss me, Chris. I want you to kiss me," she pleaded.

Chris groaned, torn by his own conflicted feelings. "I can't, Savi. I'm sorry," he said, his voice filled with regret.

"Fine!" Savannah pushed him away, her frustration reaching its peak. "Get out!"

"Savannah, please," Chris pleaded, trying to reach out to her.

"I said get out!" Savannah pushed him forcefully, causing him to stumble backward. She needed him to leave, not wanting him to witness her tears. She felt a mix of relief and sadness as he left, quietly closing the door behind him. Sliding down the wall, she pulled her knees to her chest, cradling her head in her hands as the tears flowed freely. Eventually, she knew she had to gather herself and get ready.

After what felt like an eternity, Savannah got up and quickly took a shower, and got dressed. She knocked on Chris' door, and he answered, already dressed. "I'm going home early. You don't need me today. I was just in the background last night, and I don't really feel like doing it again."

Chris groaned, attempting to grab her hand, but she pulled it away. This time it was Savannah who avoided his gaze. "Savi, you aren't in the background. You make me calm. I need you with me. Please."

She looked up at him, observing the sincerity in his eyes. "Fine," she relented. "But when we get home, I think we need a break. I don't know if I can continue like this, Chris."

He shook his head, glancing at the ground before meeting her gaze again. "What about last night?"

Taking a step towards him, Savannah grabbed him by his jacket. "It was amazing. But you still didn't kiss me," she lamented.

Chris groaned, running his thumb along her lips. "I want to. You have no idea. But I can't," he whispered, his voice filled with longing.

As a tear escaped, he caught it with his thumb. "Am I not good enough?"